Different action for click & double click

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
AJAJ
New User

Different action for click & double click

Post by AJAJ »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version:
Installed or Portable version:[2.19.2]
Windows Version[10]:
Mouse Information (brand/model)[Dell/WM118]:
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?[ENGLISH/ ENGLISH(India)]:

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).[Hey, I want to make some advanced settings in X-Mouse Control. I'm using this software for Catia V5 (a 3D modeling software). I'm trying to change its mouse configurations for me. I made the middle button(as long as pressed) with middle-button-down + right-button-down. I want control + wheel button down as my wheel button down]:
AJAJ
New User

Re: n

Post by AJAJ »

During right-click-down I already have a function. Now I want if I double press right click I want the authentic right click confiuration.
phil
Site Admin

Re: n

Post by phil »

Sorry, XMBC can not distinguish and apply different actions for a click of a double click. All XMBC knows about is pressed/released and does not have the ability to assign different actions deepening on how many clicks in a certain period. Windows normal double click recognition is done after the level XMBC operates at.

Not that it couldn't be done, but to do so, XMBC would have to ignore the first click and wait <double click period> time after the first click before it knew if there is another click or not to work our which action to perform. This would introduce lag to the first click (and would mean the click would have to be ignored and then re-injected). Granted, this is how chording and button held work so it could be done, but its not possible right now as things stand.

I'll add it to the wish list but I don't have much time to spend on XMBC these days so I'm concentrating what little time I have on simple bug fixes and minor feature requests (this would be a pretty major one).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)