Double Click Will Not Go Away

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
aren
New User

Double Click Will Not Go Away

Post by aren »

XMBC Version 2.19.2
Installed version
Windows 11
Razar Deathadder Elite
CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile gfx 2.10 Ghz, RAM:8 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor
The problem did not occur after an upgrade
The problem did not occur after a Windows update/upgrade?
I have used XMBC for two months
I use English for everything

Whenever I left click my mouse double clicks. Today I changed the settings on XMBC so that the left button would double click, but when I tried to change it to left click it still double clicked. So then I changed it to no change (don't intercept), however it countined to double click. I tried deleting the profile that double clicks and deleting the software, then reinstalling it, but the issue was still occurring even when everything was deleted. The double click is consistent, every click is registered as two. Switching to a different layer does not change anything. I do not use any other mouse software before and my mouse has never naturally double clicked. I think it is a problem with the profile, because when I delete it, it returns even if I haven't reinstalled the software. The XMouseButtonControl text document cannot be deleted, because it says that the file is open in XMouseButtonControl.exe, even if it is closed. I have tried restarting my pc, but that has no effect. I am not very tech savvy, so help or suggestions be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
phil
Site Admin

Re: Double Click Will Not Go Away

Post by phil »

Firstly, as a quick "get of of this situation", if you have the "default" settings, turn on Scroll Lock (sometimes ScrLck) using the key on the keyboard (some laptops might not have this key or you might need to use the FN key to activate it).

When Scroll Lock is on, by default XMBC will disable itself.
You can also disable XMBC by right clicking the XMBC icon in the system tray (by the clock), and selecting disable from the menu.

Once disabled any settings will be ignored (XMBC will do nothing) you can go in and fix it (change the setting for the left button and apply it).
Setting the left button to "No change (don't intercept)" IS the best setting for the left button - let windows do what windows does with that button by default.

But you do have to hit apply before anything changes. I don't really understand why this did not work for you already (if you were able to change it) unless perhaps, you were not hitting apply because left clicking apply would still double click, not single click the button (I bit of a long shot!). In this case, ALT+A should also apply the settings!

As for deleting files - that is one way, but not the text file (I assume that's the log file). You need to delete the XMBCSettings XML file to delete the profile. Or, when you reinstall, tick the box that says "delete existing settings")

For what its worth, the FAQ contains several other ways to disable XMBC and/or delete settings.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)