Logitech G-Hub 3/23 Update Causing Issues

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Logitech G-Hub 3/23 Update Causing Issues

Post by phil »

If your on Windows 10, you really don't need "scroll window under cursor" because Windows 10 does it by default for *most* windows. Not all work but most do. XMBC can get those that don't work to work, but its not really necessary.

... Yes it might be useful to have the old G-Hub version to see if I can see a difference - sounds like I might need to do this in a VM to easily switch between snapshots and versions!

But no rush, I haven't got much free time right now to look into this - its defo a bit of a back burner thing!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
fredz19

Post by fredz19 »

Phil,

See my previous post (page 1 of our thread) for a link to instructions for rolling back versions.

No worries on back-burner on this. I have scroll wheel under cursor turned on because my side scroll won't work at all without it on. I would turn it off because it does lag up my work software considerably. If I turn it on through Windows 10 (I am on W10 btw) then it doesn't help the side scroll at all like it does by having it on through XMBC. It's like my side scroll functionality is running on fumes lol.

Good day to you. I appreciate you looking into this, at all. :)

Also, I'm not sure how GHUB will function on a VM. As in I'm not sure if it will force update like it does for me. I can roll back my version... enjoy a day or two of flawless mouse functionality, GHUB will update and I'm back to needing to roll it back again or deal with it functioning partially.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK will do... Regarding the VM - we shall see.
It wont force update if the VM has no network (but then it maybe wont install at all!)
--[ Phil ]--
fredz19

Post by fredz19 »

Phil,

I've been trying to get Logitech to help troubleshoot this as well. They're not giving me much, but they did tell me that in the March update I keep referring to they did add continuous horizontal scrolling for long press. Not sure if that would mean more to you than it does me lol. Not sure if that's something that could even break the way XMBC sees the side scroll buttons.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Probably - I presume they mean if you hold the tilt button down, it will continue scrolling horizontally. I suspect they are therefore intercepting the message and NOT using the standard windows wheel messages. If that is the case, then there is absolutely nothing XMBC can do about it, because its simply not getting the messages!
--[ Phil ]--
jonazop
New User

Post by jonazop »

My mouse is the Logitech G604 and has 15 programmable buttons. I use XMBC to control every button on the mouse that I can, because it offers the layering.
spiron

Post by spiron »

Yep, I was in the exact same position as the OP. Love the mouse, hate the software! I also had similar problems with my G602 and the logitech gaming software, which was completely crap! GHUB is a lot better, but I still have to jump through hoops in some cases to make it work. A little troubleshooting is good for the brain, I guess.

Things I noticed using LGHUB:
1. Mapping with GHUB doesn't play well when some applications are set to run as an administrator. I had a program that wouldn't scroll horizontally at all when running as an administrator, meaning that GHUB wouldn't send messages at all. When I disable it (under properties/compatibility on Windows), horizontal scrolling was working fine. So check if that's the culprit.
2. When GHUB sends horizontal scroll messages, XMBC does intercept those messages even if the corresponding buttons in XBMC don't get highlighted yellow (at least in my case I can still remap the tilt wheel with XMBC). If that's the case, make sure to check "ignore repeated remapped horizontal scroll" under options in profile in XMBC, otherwise you'll send repeated messages because of the continuous horizontal scrolling by GHUB. Play around with the value, 200-400ms does the trick for me.
3. If you can't' get XMBC to work, you can still create profiles for an application with GHUB, but you'll lose button chording and button held that is unique in XMBC (and is genius if I might add). You will also lose one button in your mouse because you have to assign "profile cycle" in GHUB in order to circle through the profiles. Open GHUB go to manage profiles, click "add profile for the selected app". Create as many profiles as you want. Map each profile. Remember to assign "profile cycle" in the same button in every profile.

In my case both GHUB and XMBC work well with each other now. I should notice that I am using XMBC latest beta version, but I didn't notice any difference with the stable regarding that matter. I hope I helped
StephenWhite
New User

Post by StephenWhite »

jonazop wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:43 am My mouse is the Logitech G604 and has 15 programmable buttons. I use XMBC to control every button on the mouse that I can, because it offers the layering.
Jonazop - how were you able to get this working?
fredz19

Post by fredz19 »

StephenWhite wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:02 am
jonazop wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:43 am My mouse is the Logitech G604 and has 15 programmable buttons. I use XMBC to control every button on the mouse that I can, because it offers the layering.
Jonazop - how were you able to get this working?
I only use it to control every button "that it can". XMBC doesn't control every button on the mouse, I use the Logitech GHUB to program the rest... I once hated GHUB but has improved immensely. G604 is still by far the best mouse I've had, ever. GHUB + XMBC + Creative keystrokes in the software I use has turned this mouse into an absolute work horse...