Reset mouse hooks when resuming from sleep and Chrome cause huge lag

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
AlexV
New User

Reset mouse hooks when resuming from sleep and Chrome cause huge lag

Post by AlexV »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Windows Version: 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech MX Master 3

I have noticed an issue that occurs if "Reset mouse hooks when resuming from sleep" is turned on, and Chrome is running. After resuming from sleep, if a mouse button mapped to "Double Click" is pressed then there is huge, noticeable lag (even moving the mouse) for a second or two. The log file shows: "SendInputThread: Process queue took a long time (4047ms) to execute."

Not running Chrome, or not having "Reset mouse hooks when resuming from sleep" enabled, does not show the effect.

If no-one else can reproduce this I'll ignore it as something weird with my system and just keep the reset hooks turned off, but I thought it was worth reporting anyway.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Reset mouse hooks when resuming from sleep and Chrome cause huge lag

Post by phil »

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't noticed this but I don't use chrome much (as my default browser) and I don't sleep my machine much (well I do the laptop and actually I have chrome apps running on that - but still not the default browser). I'll have to try and reproduce it here... but it might be useful to enable debug logging, and capture the event with that turned on (it will be alot more verbose so make a note of the time it happens) and send me a copy of the log.

No rush though, as I've not got a lot of time myself right now to look into it...
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
AlexV
New User

Re: Reset mouse hooks when resuming from sleep and Chrome cause huge lag

Post by AlexV »

Sure, I don't see anything very enlightening in there, but I've uploaded it here: https://pastebin.com/m25iySgE

After resume, I press my remapped to double click button within the XMBC window itself a few times (which does not lag), then within a notepad3 window, which does. This isn't specific to notepad3, though, it happens with any other window.