Help with macro

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Medo
New User

Help with macro

Post by Medo »

I need help with makeing one macro, idk if is it posible to do it with this program,

so what i need is when i click right click button on mouse i want program to click numbers 1 and 2 but i want it thos hapend no offten than each 4 sec for number one and 6 sec for number 2, so when i press right click it presses 1 and 2, when i click again 1 sec after it will do nothing, but when 4 sec passed it will spam 1 agian but not number 2 until 6 sec has passed for it. is this posible

ty
phil
Site Admin

Re: Help with macro

Post by phil »

I'm afraid I don't think that is possible.... There is currently no way to say only do <action> if it has not already been performed in the last <time> seconds. You may be able to do this with AutoHotkey where you have a much more powerful scripting language, but I'm not sure.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Medo
New User

Post by Medo »

{WAIT:n} funcstion is doing this half way, problem is it will click number 1 again again since it stops clicking but will continue after 4 sec so when i click 100 times it will click number 100 times more each 4 sec i was trying to do some sort of blocking where it will block for 4 sec after first click like do wait and turnn of macro
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes it will keep executing it whenever you click, thats why I said right now its not possible... No matter how much you {wait}, it will still re-run the macro every time you click.

What is needed, would be an "Ignore / Don't send" if clicked withing x seconds/milliseconds of the last click. And what would it do instead - nothing I presume (just block the original mouse click and not send any simulated keys. Its definatly something I can add in the future, but its not be an insignificant change. I will add it to my todo list but I'm not entirely sure when I would be able to implement it - there is quite a queue of things to do so while it may get into 2.20 thats probably some time away (although as we are all stuck indoors right now, maybe I will spend a bit more time on XMBC).

In the mean time, I was thinking perhaps an autohotkey script (that you could trigger by XMBC perhaps) may be possible as a workaround/alternative.

EDIT:
I just realized that adding a single option to the simkey dialog would not have the desired effect here - as you want different bits of the macro to execute within different times. That would make things much more tricky... I'm not entirely sure that I will be able to do that, certainly not without pulling all the code to bits (which wont be happening any time soon!).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
pesklein
New User

Post by pesklein »

Thank you so much for the update, Phil :)