Windows shortkey?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
myrath
New User

Windows shortkey?

Post by myrath »

Hi guys,

I have noticed that there is no shortkey for the windows key.
I would very appreciate if you have any solution or if the programmer will add this option.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
phil
Site Admin

Re: Windows shortkey?

Post by phil »

Whats a shortkey? Do you mean hotkey or layer modifier key?
The windows key is a bit of a nasty one and cant be used for layer modifiers because it cant be blocked so using it as a modifier key would always cause the start menu to show. Ift cant be used as a "global hotkey" either because Windows does not allow it (as far as I can remember).

Or do you mean a sim key command to send the windows key - in that case its there {LWIN} or {RWIN} I think.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
myrath
New User

Post by myrath »

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your kind reply.
I don't speak English very well...

Well, basically, we have an option to pause music with the mouse buttons using xmouse - that is the "shortkey" I m talking about.
I would be very glad if someone will add an option to open the windows bar with the mouse...

Thanks!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I understand now.

You can so this using the "Simulated Keystrokes" option.
type {LWIN} in the input box.

That should do it. Most things you can do on the keyboard you can do with Simulated Keystrokes.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
MCHAL
New User

Post by MCHAL »

Hi, phil:

Thanks for your dev efforts. I have given a sporadic trial run to x-button mouse control v. 2.18.

Is it possible to create a (chorded or not) combo like Ctrl+Shift + single right mouse click command to apply it on focused windows to close them? I mean by ACTUALLY clicking the Ctrl+Shift keys, keeping it pressed for just a sec or two and then pressing the right mouse button once and releasing it right afterward for achieving this?

I am running on Windows 10 x64 1903 up to date.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Regards.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The only way that would be at all possible right now is to use a seperate layer, triggered by layer modifier keys SHIFT+CTRL and set the right button to Close Window (or simkeys {ALT}{F4}).... But you would have to be holding the SHIFT+CTRL while you press the right button....

Or use global hotkeys shift+ctrl (I think) to change to a layer - set that layer to auto-return after a second (or so) that way you can release CTRL+SHIFT before clicking the right button - but you will have to click it within that timeout for it to close the window.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
MCHAL
New User

Post by MCHAL »

Hi, Phil:

Hey, buddy, this worked! "If you setup CTRL+SHIFT as a keyboard modifier key to layer 2, then on layer 2, set the action to 'Close window' it might work - not sure - the CTRL+SHIFT might interfere. I'll try it tomorrow and see."

Actually though I set the action to 'Close window' on layer 1!

Thanks so much!

By the way, are you in need of some Brazilian Portuguese translation/update for x-button mouse control? If you are, I could help you in this regard, but can't promise you to do the job in a flash if the language happens to have many language strings in need of update/translation.

My kind regards and gratitude.

MCHAL
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi Mchal,

I'm glad that worked :D.

I'm never going to say no to translation help, no matter how fast/slow/much anyone can do!
There is a software tool to help make the changes, especially useful to update an existing translation file as it will highlight the missing elements based on the latest template.

If you look in the massive translation thread, there are links to the tool there (in the first or second post I think).
If you want to help out great, but in no way feel obliged to do any of this if you don't wan to!

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
MCHAL
New User

Post by MCHAL »

Hi, Phil:

I found the "translation" tool link, downloaded and installed it. Already did some translation/update work. I hope you'll hear from me again about the finished task in a month.

No, I don't feel obliged to do anything. Just take this as a small volunteering contribution to your valuable programming work.

Regards,
MCHAL