5 Button Mouse

General chat. Do not talk about XMBC, InpOut32 or any other Highrez software packages in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please post to the correct forum, otherwise your post may not be seen.
Before posing, be sure to read and respect the forum rules
Mowmow
New User

5 Button Mouse

Post by Mowmow »

I have a 5 button mouse and just want button 4 to be Forward, and 5 to be Back.
I had this working but something corrupted it, reloaded the program but can't make it work again.
Help please.
John
phil
Site Admin

Re: 5 Button Mouse

Post by phil »

Firstly, next time you post, please read the rules. You have posted in the wrong forum as this is most defiantly XMBC related and therefore belongs in the XMBC forum (where there is a nice post template to provide some basic information I need when answering such questions!)

Secondly, isn't that the default behavior in windows for button 4 and 5 (or is that the reverse of normal?)
Thirdly, with nothing to go on, I have no idea what to suggest.

Do the XMBC button setting dropdowns highlight in orange when you press them? If not then XMBC isn't seeing the button presses and that means either your mouse isn't sending them (you don't mention the make of your mouse for example, Logitech mice buttons can be reconfigured externally using SetPoint (or whatever its called these days).

If they do highlight in orange, then XMBC is seeing them, so then the question will be why isnt the rempa working. If thats the case, maybe you could turn on debug logging and then press the buttons a few times and send me a copy of the log - perhaps that will help me understand whats going on!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)