Accept Bitcoin for donations

General chat. Do not talk about XMBC, InpOut32 or any other Highrez software packages in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please post to the correct forum, otherwise your post may not be seen.
Before posing, be sure to read and respect the forum rules
chriszuma
New User

Accept Bitcoin for donations

Post by chriszuma »

Hi Phil,

I love XMouseButtonControl, and I would like to donate a few bucks for it. However, I have problems with PayPal being the only option. My objections are based on PayPal's policies, but many people also aren't able to get accounts or fund them easily.

I believe the perfect solution for donations is Bitcoin. It's an extremely frictionless and cheap way to accept donations from anywhere with no middle man (unless you want one such as BitPay). All you have to do is create a Bitcoin wallet (bitcoin[dot]org/en/choose-your-wallet) and post your public address on your website. Then anyone in the world can instantly send you money anonymously with negligible transaction fees.

Bitcoin functions as a currency, so you can buy goods and services from other companies that accept it (e.g. Microsoft, Dell, or Overstock), exchange them for your local currency (howtobuybitcoins[dot]info/uk.html), or use a service such as BitPay which does this automatically.

I think that you would find it is absolutely worth the small amount of effort it takes to set up.

Cheers,
- Chris
phil
Site Admin

Re: Accept Bitcoin for donations

Post by phil »

I already have a wallet (personally) but I haven't figured out how to make it easy from the website... Is it just a case of publishing my wallet????

Its one of the things I have been meaning to look into but just haven't got round to :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
chriszuma
New User

Post by chriszuma »

Hi Phil,

Yeah, it really is that simple. Just post one of your Bitcoin addresses (the address, not the private key) on the website and anyone can send you coins.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK sorry for the delay. My bitcoin address is: 13QRmT9eQuuwchSzkxsvSsWEQokauc6RMk
bitcoin.png
I will add this to the various web site pages when I get a moment.

Thanks
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)