Request: Simulated keys command

General chat. Do not talk about XMBC, InpOut32 or any other Highrez software packages in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please post to the correct forum, otherwise your post may not be seen.
Before posing, be sure to read and respect the forum rules
asnith
New User

Request: Simulated keys command

Post by asnith »

Hey everyone I have just finally learned that XMBC can do the simulated keys as a "intercept" (if that's what they are referred as), but I cant seem to get what I want to work, I want to be able to welcome players to the server by simply hitting the button and the command that I have tried for this was {enter}, Welcome to the server!,{enter} thinking that would simulate hitting enter to open chat and then paste "Welcome to the server!" in the chat box and then enter again to send it into the chat, but instead it does some wacko stuff and if I spam it after awhile it works once but that's maybe 1 out of 10 times. I have no experience with coding if that has anything to do with the simulated keys but if anyone could help that would be great, just comment the command or code that I should put there. Thanks for the help and support.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Request: Simulated keys command

Post by phil »

Hi,

Depending on the game this should be possible.
can you send the exact command for clarity.

to be clear, I would try this:
{return}Welcome to the server!{return}

NOTE: {return} and {enter} should do the same thing.
You might find that you need to change the send method too. What version of XMBC are you using?

If that has the same problem (does not work) then it is possible that each key is being sent too quickly. You cant try increasing the global simkey delay in advanced settings (Delay between simulated keystrokes).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
asnith
New User

Post by asnith »

Hey thanks for helping, it does the same thing and the game is minecraft also i'm using version 2.7.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Did you try adjusting the delays? Or did that make no difference?
--[ Phil ]--
asnith
New User

Post by asnith »

There we go I got it, thanks again for replying I going to try to work with this more to get my knowledge up with it to possible help other. Now I need to find out how to make it simulate pressing left click over and over :P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK in the simulated keystrokes window, you can tell it to repeat the action (key stroke) while the button is held, or until the button is next pressed. Its all in the little "method" dropdown list. You can also set the repeat delay in milliseconds.

NOTE: You might like to try the new beta in the main XMBC forum here - because it will remove any mouse lag that may be introduced by sending multiple keys by doing all simulated input from a different thread and not blocking the mouse.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--