Iconoid x64 conflict with Win 8.1 ??

My port of Iconoid by SillySoft
RpDn
New User

Iconoid x64 conflict with Win 8.1 ??

Post by RpDn »

Anyone have a problem with Iconoid x64 and Win 8.1?

I've emailed SillySot ;), but his homepage states no more updates/fixes planned for Iconoid!
I am using SillySot's updated x64 version, but thought I'd ask here in case I get negative response from SillySot.

After I've updated to Windows 8.1, it seems I have to Exit Iconoid anytime I want to perform a secure operation like installing a program (or uninstalling, etc). If I try to install when Iconoid x64 is running, right after I click something to start the install of a program, my screen blinks and dumps me back at the same screen I was in.
(Sometimes, it starts my screensaver... but when I move mouse, I'm dumped back the aformentioned install screen, where I was.)

Any chance of a fix (via SillySot's source code??), if SillySot doesn't respond positively?? :hide: :?: :!: :cry:
phil
Site Admin

Re: Iconoid x64 conflict with Win 8.1 ??

Post by phil »

To be honest I don't know. Its been years since I looked at this - so my copy of the code is probably not up to date - are they still making it available?

I don't see why it should be much different on Win 8.1 so I might be able to have a look at it, but no promises. Keep me informed as to what they say - at least I have Win 8.1 to test it on :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)