What mice work with XMBC?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
ssdesigner
New User

Re: What mice work with XMBC?

Post by ssdesigner » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:31 pm

Today my mouse's (Tecknet UM013) copy/paste function stopped working so I signed up here to find a solution. One of your posts suggested that the person having issues turn on logging to help find the cause. I did this and without doing anything else, it was fixed. So weird!

Anyways, I highly recommend this mouse. That said, it would be worthless without your amazing software, so a HUGE thanks!

phil
Site Admin

Re: What mice work with XMBC?

Post by phil » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Perhaps this is going too off topic, but did it continue to work once debug logging was disabled again?
Its actually not all that weird because debug logging slows XMBC down quite a lot, anything timing related can be affected (positively or negatively).
If it continued to work once debug logging is disabled that that's great (although a little worrying as I don't like it when things magically change without understanding why - because it could happen again!).

If it does happen again or continue to be a problem, please can you create a new topic/thread (or simply PM me) so we can discuss and diagnose there, leaving this thread for what it really is meant to be, a list of devices that work (or don't work), rather than bugs in XMBC!

Another possibility (high probability) is that simply changing the settings and hitting apply reloaded the mouse hook and thats what fixed the problem. Windows can occasionally time out the mouse hook (remove it) which renders XMBC useless. The easy way to fix that, open the settings and re-apply them, or enable/disable XMBC etc. Look at what your "Windows Low Level Hoot Timeout" is set to and if its less than 500ms I bet this is what happened! It may happen again, it it does, try increasing the timeout (try an extra 500-1000ms) and see if that helps (you need to REBOOT your PC after changing the value for it to be applied).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)