Next/previous window

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
linkswrd2
New User

Next/previous window

Post by linkswrd2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:57 pm

XMBC Version: 2.15
Windows Version: 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): Roccat Tyon
Computer Information:
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC or Windows?:
How long have you used XMBC?:
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?:

Clear description of the problem:
Hey there. I love the windows/desktop/virtual desktop functions that are preset and available from the drop down menus. Problem is I acquired a Roccat Tyon which has its own built in software for button mapping. To be perfectly honest, while I love the mouse shape, size, and functionality with all the extra buttons, I find the included button mapping software to be inferior to xmouse button control. Yet xmbc is unable to map to this mouse (as far as i can tell), and the roccat software simply doesn't compare to the features of xmbc. None the less I've been able to get it good enough minus one major feature for which I fell in love with xmbc and would really like to replicate on the tyon with its built in software. This would be the next and previous window functions. Are there keyboard shortcuts that these represent? I am able to get a mouse button to toggle between two windows, which is what the previous window function does (at least for me), but I am desperately unable to figure out how to scroll through next windows one at a time seamlessly and through the entire sequence of open windows like the next window function does on xmbc. Any thoughts or suggestions?

linkswrd2
New User

Re: Next/previous window

Post by linkswrd2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:22 pm

Actually I may be wrong...it could be a coincidental issue with a windows update...i happen to have been trying to program the tyon right after a windows update. I wish windows would stop updating itself....i get security issues but cant it offer security updates with the option to keep old functionality? I plugged in my old mouse to use with xmbc to test out the window changes and suddenly its having the same issue, both functions only toggle between two windows instead of scrolling through them all. Perhaps windows changed its window layering methods or something like that? Any suggestions would be fantastic, it's very annoying to constantly have to take a global desktop view to select a window instead of being able to scroll through them.

linkswrd2
New User

Post by linkswrd2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:30 pm

Ok, so not trying to blast posts out here, but I'm noticing this is a problem primarily with mpc. This was never an issue in the past. The function seems to work fine in all other programs but now suddenly mpc is unable to have its windows scrolled through...maybe trying to roll windows back a version could help? This function is crucial to switch between different edits/color schemes/contrast levels/etc of the same video for quick comparison full screen.

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Yes there are key strokes to do this, in fact all XMBC does is press those keys.

Code: Select all

ALT + ESCAPE = Next Window
SHIFT+ALT+ESCAPE = Previous Window
I'm afraid if the behavior has changed, then its probably a Windows change (certainly XMBC hasn't change these actions in years) which means if its not working now, its probably because MS have changed/broken it :(
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

linkswrd2
New User

Post by linkswrd2 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:22 pm

Well I'm unable to replicate the same exact function, and it seems to be windows causing the issue because it worked fine prior to the most recent update. Nonetheless, with the keystroke shortcuts I'm able to get pretty close to where I was before, I'm just unable to scroll through separate windows at fullscreen, so I just maximize them and it's good enough. Wish windows would stop making mandatory "improvements." In any case thanks for the reply as the keystroke info definitely helped me out!