XMBC 2.6 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
gate1975mlm

Re: XMBC 2.6 Beta

Post by gate1975mlm »

phil wrote:Urm, yes its already been mentioned, and I will probably put in the the HKLM\ run registry key. Of course for now you can DIY :) but it will almost certainly be done before I release 2.6!

Very cool! :)

Thanks and keep up the great work!

HKLM
New User

Post by HKLM »

Hi Phil,
first: thank you very much for this great mouse tool! I was using Intellipoint 4.12 for many years before and all versions after 4.12 didn't work. Now I'm using XMBC 2.6 beta for my XP and my Windows 8 system. The XMBC is running fine on my XP system but sometimes mouse button 4 --> CLOSE (ALT+F4) in most programs does not work properly after booting Windows 8. All other buttons are working fine.
When I close XMBC and start XMBC again it works properly.
It's a strange thing... isn't it?
Rudi

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Thanks, I'll take a look - I haven't noticed this one but then I dont generally use ALT+F4 in XMBC :)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK here is 2.6 Beta 7.

A few more fixes and a couple more language packs in the installation (thanks to everyone contributing language packs :).

As usual, you can get the beta HERE.

Changes since v2.6 Beta 6:
  • #182 - Fixed minimize window for full screen VMWare, VirtualBox and RemoteDesktop.
  • #183 - Fixed error causing foreign character keys not to be saved properly in the default profile and not to be sent as expected in some cases.
Once again, keep me updated of any new/reoccurring issues.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--

gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

I have a big problem one of my computers :shock:

No matter what I do I can not get the Middle Wheel Click to work on my mouse at all. So whether I make the Middle Wheel Click a "back" button or any other action nothing works. Even if XMBC is running or not the Middle Wheel Click is pretty much dead! Something must have gotten messed up in the Windows 7 Registry.

I think may even have had this issue before installing XMBC. Would you happen to know of a way to fix this with out having to reinstall windows? I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling my mouse drivers but that did not work. I even tried windows 7 POS built in system restore but that did not work either no surprise there.

I do install and try a lot of different software on the computer with this issue. I was just hoping for a quick fix :)

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

It sounds like your mouse might be broken! Does the middle button highlight orange in XMBC setup when you press it? If you exit XMBC, does the middle button do anything?

The middle button does not normally need any special driver to function, so I dont suppose you have messed up your mouse driver - always worth trying to re-install that though. If XMBC oes not higlight and the button does not work after exiting XMBC then I would a) try a different mouse (or try that mouse in different computer) b) remove the mouse and un-install the mouse driver in windows and let it re-install it, c0 make sure no other software is interfering (have you tried safe mode?)

Sorry but I cant think of anything else.
Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--

gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

phil wrote:It sounds like your mouse might be broken! Does the middle button highlight orange in XMBC setup when you press it? If you exit XMBC, does the middle button do anything?

The middle button does not normally need any special driver to function, so I dont suppose you have messed up your mouse driver - always worth trying to re-install that though. If XMBC oes not higlight and the button does not work after exiting XMBC then I would a) try a different mouse (or try that mouse in different computer) b) remove the mouse and un-install the mouse driver in windows and let it re-install it, c0 make sure no other software is interfering (have you tried safe mode?)

Sorry but I cant think of anything else.
Thanks,
Phil

Ok I think you are right my mouse is broken.

Just hooked up another mouse and the middle wheel click works fine. Also no the middle button does not highlight orange in XMBC with the mouse with the issue. But it does highlight orange with a different mouse.

Guess it's time to buy a new mouse.

Thanks

gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

Son of a gun I figured it out. :)

After installing Logitech Set Point software I had to set the middle wheel to a "middle Button" and now it works normal. The default action for the middle wheel was "Zoom". So you need to install the Logitech Set Point software in order to use the middle wheel as a true "middle Wheel" I don't need any extra software with my other mice. But my Logitech MX1000 Laser does for what ever reason.

This was driving me nuts for a while and I finally figured it out :) lol

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ahh yes the setpoint pain... My Logitech G9 mouse can store profiles on the mouse but you need setpoint to configure them - once saved though, setpoint can be removed. But there are clearly some logitech mice that must always have setpoint running - its a shame but there isn't much that I can do about that I'm afraid!

At least you figured it out :)
--[ Phil ]--

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK here is 2.6 Beta 8.

Changes since v2.6 Beta 7:
  • #179 - Modified to use registry startup entries, not the startup shortcut.
  • #186 - Added a throttle to the mousehweel when sending other mouse inputs to reduce lag/lockups.
  • #187 - fixed a problem with "Ignore Numlock" option when sending NUM{x} extended keys.
I want to get this released soon - its been far too long to get Win 8 support released (heck, Win8.1 is almost here!)

Thanks,
--[ Phil ]--

ConradTDI
New User

Post by ConradTDI »

Thanks again for all your efforts!

Best to you all from San Diego.

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK here is 2.6 Beta 9. I know - two in two days!

Changes since v2.6 Beta 8:
  • #188: Fixed problems with language when resuming from sleep.
  • #189: Fixed detection of Windows 8.1
I want to get this released soon - its been far too long to get Win 8 support released (heck, Win8.1 is almost here!)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--

iamntz
New User

Post by iamntz »

Hi.

Please try to fix the conflict with 3rvx app. The thing is that i'm using win+scroll wheel to change volume, but if XMBC starts after 3rvx, the later will have less priority => the shortcut won't work.

And here is an idea: if layer modifier key is set to.. let's say win key and a custom event is triggered while that layer is active, disable the default behavior (in this case start menu)

Thanks!

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Sorry I dont know of this conflict? What is 3rvx? I dont know what the conflict is? - a little more information would be good. Is there anything in the debug log that points to a problem? I cant see how XMBC would stop another program that presumably is also hooking things, unless you change the default buttons in XMBC such that it does not see them?

And the the idea, I'm afraid that is not possible. I perhaps should stop the WIN key being available in layer modifiers because it is not really suitable. I cant just stop the key working until I know if something else if done in the XMBC layer - it would introduce lag which I dont think would be acceptable, and also it would mean simulating the Win key which might actually stop some applications from seeing it. :(

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--

gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

Thanks for the update :)