Problem accepting XMouse key simulation

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Davidc
New User

Problem accepting XMouse key simulation

Post by Davidc »

Hey Phil,

I just came across a problem with the ieRenderer module in the new version of Pegasus Mail (a freeware mailer) that's used to format HTML posts for viewing. It's not accepting simulated keystrokes from XMouse. Here's the response from the developer of that module:

David, the problem is that I have no idea how this mouse driver simulates key strokes - but if it would use standard Windows APIs for doing so I'm almost sure this should work: If you could get this information I may be able to work around the current restrictions, otherwise it would require lots of guessing and trial and error (especially since I probably can't duplicate it on my notebook with a simple mouse pad)

If you let me know how XMouse simulates keystrokes I'll pass the info on.

Thanks,
David

phil
Site Admin

Re: Problem accepting XMouse key simulation

Post by phil »

XMBC uses the standard windows SendInput API.
Depending on the method you use, during, on press, on release controls how the SendInput is used, but everything is done with SendInput which *should* mean that any program sees the keys as if the keyboard sent them, unless the program is hooking the keyboard messages at a "low level" but I really doubt that!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

phil
Site Admin

Re: Problem accepting XMouse key simulation

Post by phil »

Might also be worth mentioning that XMBC is not a driver and anyone can use it, so he can run it to test/reproduce :). Also if he needs more info, to contact me here or by email :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)