- Post your question ONCE in the correct forum. For XMBC issues, question or anything mouse related, use the XMBC forum!
- Search the forum before you post. Quite often someone else has already asked the same or similar question!
- Check your question is not already answered in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Create a new topic thread in the correct forum for a new problem. It makes it much easier to follow!
- Respect other users of the forums.
- For software bugs/problems/issues, provide as much information as possible. For example:
- Version of the software you are running
- A clear description of the problem
- Installed or Portable version, and where was it installed/running?
- Windows Version and edition (x64, x86 etc.)
- Number of CPU (cores) or CPU model/speed
- Available/Total memory (RAM)
- Mouse hardware/drivers
- Language and keyboard layout used
- Debug logs where applicable (usually I will ask for this if I need more information)
- Please keep Beta threads on topic. They are for announcements and reporting bugs in the current beta, NOT for requesting new features and/or asking about existing (non-beta) functionality!
- Please don't expect an immediate reply - while I try my best to reply quickly, all of my software packages are hobby projects. There is only one person behind all of this and occasionally I have other, more important things to do in my life:!:
- In addition to the above, please understand that making a donation, while very much appreciated, does not push you up the support chain at all. Support is offered as and when I have time, and while I try and get back to people as quickly as I can, I cant make any guarantees. I'm not always sat in front of a computer!
- I am seeing an increasing amount of irrelevant off-topic spam posts, and also posts simply copying snippets from another users post in the forums (presumably to increase post counts enough to add spam URLS etc.). I try and report these to the various anti-spam systems ASAP so if your initial posts are all completely irrelevant, your account will probably be banned and reported.
- To attempt to combat spam bots, which have been incredibly active recently, I have set some restrictions for new users.
Initially you will not be able to post images or links (of any type), add a signature etc.
After several posts, these restrictions will automatically be removed.
Hopefully this will be sufficient and I will not need to manually allow new posts.
I have also implemented a Q&A verification scheme during registration. If you have problems with the questions, email me!
Thanks for your understanding.