New Users & Posting Rules

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
phil
Site Admin

New Users & Posting Rules

Post by phil » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:04 am

Posting Rules
  • Post your question ONCE in the correct forum. For XMBC issues, question or anything mouse related, use the XMBC forum!
  • Search the forum before you post. Someone else has probably had the same problem as you!
  • Create a new topic thread in the correct forum for a new problem. It makes it much easier to follow!
  • Respect other users of the forums.
  • For software bugs/problems/issues, provide as much information as possible. For example:
    • A clear description of the problem
    • Portable or Installed (where was it installed)?
    • OS Version and edition (x64, x86 etc.)[/color]
    • Version of the software you are running
    • Number of CPU (cores) and CPU model/speed
    • Available/Total memory
    • Mouse hardware/drivers
    • Language and keyboard layout used
    • Debug logs where applicable
  • Please don't expect an immediate reply - while I try my best to reply quickly, all of my software packages are hobby projects. There is only one person behind all of this and occasionally I have other, more important things to do in my life:!:
  • In addition to the above, please understand that making a donation, while very much appreciated, does not push you up the support chain at all. Support is offered as and when I have time, and while I try and get back to people as quickly as I can, I cant make any guarantees. I'm not always sat in front of a computer!
  • I am seeing an increasing amount of irrelevant off-topic spam posts, and also posts simply copying snippets from another users post in the forums (presumably to increase post counts enough to add spam URLS etc.). I try and report these to the various anti-spam systems ASAP so if your initial posts are all completely irrelevant, your account will probably be banned and reported.
New Users
  • To attempt to combat spam bots, which have been incredibly active recently, I have set some restrictions for new users.

Initially you will not be able to post images or links (of any type), add a signature etc.
    After several posts, these restrictions will automatically be removed.

Hopefully this will be sufficient and I will not need to manually allow new posts.
    I have also implemented a Q&A verification scheme during registration. If you have problems with the questions, email me!

Thanks for your understanding.
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)