Simulation doesn't work in another language (keyboard layout). And more.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
LeoAust
New User

Post by LeoAust »

1) If, for example, simulate {alt} x on SCM + wheel up, then everything will work, but not on a different keyboard layout (RU). The button with the letter "X", on the Russian layout is "H", if we imitate {alt} h, then the English layout stops working.

2) Is it possible to assign an action to 3 buttons. For example PKM + SCM + LKM

3) I installed a Chrome extension that allows opening a new tab and assigned Alt + X for this. Now I have made it so that the SCM + wheel up opens a new tab, BUT if you turn the wheel roughly, then many tabs open. How to block many openings on coarse scrolling?

4) Is it possible to do, for example, RMB + SCM and after pressing SCM, hold for example 1 second = first action, 2 seconds = second action.

2-4 points, as I understand it, most likely cannot be implemented (or have not yet been implemented) due to technical difficulties. But what about the 1st? I tried to solve this problem with different commands, but nothing worked.

phil
Site Admin

Re: Simulation doesn't work in another language (keyboard layout). And more.

Post by phil »

Firstly, not entirely sure what SCM is?

1.I know there are issues with other languages, I've tried in the past to fix them but never quite got it right - I suspect there are some limitations of SendInput which I either cant, or haven't found a way to get around. Because SendInput is sending keyboard scancodes (which map the physical key - which can in turn be different in different languages) so are interpreted by windows using the currently active keyboard layout.

What have you got "Load US English layout" set to in advanced settings - and does changing it make any difference?

2. No, chording works with 1 button plus.

3. You should be able to stop this happening using the options tab "Ignore repeatedly remapped vertical scroll"

4. Have you looked at "Time dependent actions" I'm not sure this will work (and does not work in combination with chords as that was too complex and I simply don't have enough time for XMBC now.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

LeoAust
New User

Post by LeoAust »

Yes, litter. "??????? ?????? ????" = ??? = Middle mouse button = MMB. For some reason I thought that the translator could translate. Lol, now I realized that if you put the "=" sign, the translator will correctly write the abbreviation

1. Is this problem with languages ??guaranteed (massive) or how lucky? In some program I have encountered a similar problem too. Yes, I tried to enable "Upload English layout" in the general settings, as you said in the PDF instructions. This does not work.
At first I thought that you can create the same profile, i.e. make a full copy, BUT replace the letters with Russian. Then I quickly realized that this would not work, since the program does not allow this to be done.
I also tried to do something like "{alt}X (here are different commands) "?"(RU)" so stop .. wait a second .. my lack of attentiveness let me down. It was possible to solve this problem, the command looks like this: "{alt}X {RELEASE} {PRESS} {alt}?". Perhaps some commands are even superfluous.
3. It worked. Thanks.

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

1. I think its a problem using MS's SendInput API with languages - but I expect its actually a coding error - I just haven't been able to work out why it does not work (more difficult for me to test as I only having English keyboards - other than the virtual keyboards). It may be possible, if you can find the virtual key code of the key to send it using the {VK:<code>} I think - but again Im not sure that will work either.

There is an awful lot of code in XMBC to try to get this working, but it seems rather redundant/ineffective. It might be better to throw it all away and try again from scratch - but I simply don't have the time to do that at the moment.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

LeoAust
New User

Post by LeoAust »

I like your approach to say that your application is far from perfect. As the saying goes: "The fool thinks that he knows everything, but the clever one thinks that he knows very little." The paradox is (and only at first glance) that the situation is exactly the opposite. In fact, the fool is satisfied with his illusion, and the clever has no illusion, he is not satisfied (he says he knows little) and it is the admission of his ignorance that lets the clever know more than the fool. Therefore, there is no paradox here. )

I think your application is the best on the market. And the problem with the keyboard layout in another language turned out to be easier than I thought. Everything is working well now. Thanks.