Mouse acceleration

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
TemporaryFailure
New User

Mouse acceleration

Post by TemporaryFailure »

So when we can adjust mouse acceleration with XMouse? Speed control has 10 steps. It could be more like 20 steps.

phil
Site Admin

Re: Mouse acceleration

Post by phil »

XMBC uses Windows mouse hooks to intercept and manipulate mouse button messages. As for cursor speed, all it does is manipulate the standard Windows mouse speed setting (on a per profile basis if you so wish). That only has 10 steps. Unfortunately, performing acceleration in a mouse hook is really not the right place to do it, because you cant modify/multiply the distance/movement etc. in there. I would have to throw out the movement all together and re-inject a new movement message - and that would a) cause lag and b) not work in any application that block sendinput (many games) and that means the mouse cursor wouldn't move at all in those cases - rather dangerous!

This is how invert axis works but that's less important if it does not work in games etc. as it does not completely stop the mouse working! So don't hold your breath for this one. Unless Windows has an acceleration setting that I haven't found (it does not exist in my mouse control panel settings), it wont be possible in XMBC.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Having said that - I just found this https://superuser.com/questions/469044/ ... ws-regedit
I wonder if it still applies.... Will add it to the list to investigate
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

TemporaryFailure
New User

Post by TemporaryFailure »

Thanks. That would be absolutely super! :cheers: