Logitech wrong buttons mapping

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
lesnik
New User

Logitech wrong buttons mapping

Post by lesnik » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:13 am

I have recently changed my OS to windows 10 on my old laptop and decided to start using X-Mouse Button Control (latest version) for my old wireless Logitech M325 tilt-wheel mouse.
(NOTE windows 10 doesn't have anything to do with the problem as I also checked this on 8.1)

When I plugged in my mouse I noticed that xmouse button control interprets the tilt-wheel buttons as "Mouse Button 4" and "Mouse Button 5". Now, as it appears the problem is that i use these to volume down/up, and mouse button 4 and 5 are not executed repeatedly as the buttons are pressed and held. In result if I want to volume down/up with my tilt wheel buttons I have to press and release several times to achieve the effect. Obviously this is quite uncomfortable and useless or painful.

Well I think it's the Logitech that mixed the buttons up by incorrect mapping them but I wonder if there could be a way in the X-Mouse Button Control to re-map the buttons so they are interpreted differently.
I see I can assign "Mouse Wheel Tilt Left" to Button 4 or by using simulated keys {TILTL} but neither of the settings will trigger what I have set for the tilt-wheel buttons settings (in the tilt-wheel buttons setting).

to make my questions / help requests clear:
1) would it be possible to make eg. button 4 behave and take over from the left tilt-wheel for the above to work, and if so how
2) another solution: if my buttons are mixed up, would there be a way to assign eg. "volume down" function to "button 4" and have that executed in a continuous manner so it can be reasonably performed. I think that could be achievable in the 'Simulated Keys' if Media Volume Down/Up functions were available. There I could enforce sending simulated key strokes as: "6. Repeatedly while the button is down".
Maybe 'Media Volume Down/Up' should also be added to the 'Simulated keys' section?
Last edited by lesnik on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

phil
Site Admin

Re: Logitech wrong buttons mapping

Post by phil » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:59 am

Hi, some logitech mice do this. You can normally configure the wheel to behave normally using Logitech's own software (sometimes you can do this once and uninstall the software, sometimes you have to leave the software there - it depends on the device, my Logitech G9 does this but remembers the "profile" on the device itself so once changed, the Logitech software is not required.

You can also work around this is XMBC for this particular volume problem. Instead of choosing the volume up/down options in the dropdown, choose simulate keystrokes In there you can set a method like repeat while the button is held or repeat until the button is pressed again, then you can use {VOL+}/{VOL-} tags in the simulated input. This will cause the action to be repeated as requested.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

lesnik
New User

Re: Logitech wrong buttons mapping

Post by lesnik » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:47 am

That works perfectly :D
I thought the volume tags should be in the 'simulated keys' section, but I just couldn't see them

Many thanks Phil
(B)

SGaurry
New User

???????? ??????????? ? ????

Post by SGaurry » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:16 pm

???????? ? ????????? ?? ????. ??? ??? ??? ???? ??? ????? ???????? ? ??????????.