Caption matching is not working when switch tab in browser

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
mp20012
New User

Caption matching is not working when switch tab in browser

Post by mp20012 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:14 pm

XMBC Version: 2.17
Windows Version: 10 x64
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech M560
Computer Information:
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC or Windows?: no
How long have you used XMBC?: 5hrs
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: JP

Clear description of the problem:
I use caption matching to re-configure buttons in specific tabs/sites. For example, use re-configure button in gmail but use the default function of button in other sites.
However, caption matching is not working when I switch tab in browser. For example, switch to other tab/site then go back to gmail tab. The re-configure function for gmail will not work. I need to switch to other window and go back to browser window to re-match the caption. After re-matching caption, the re-configure button is working again.
Are there any settings in XMBC that can check the changing of caption when switch tab?

phil
Site Admin

Re: Caption matching is not working when switch tab in browser

Post by phil » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:48 am

Yes this is well known and actually intentional. Due to the high resource usage for caption matching, pattern matching only runs when the active application changes. When switching tabs, the active window/exe is the same, so its not run :(.

Actually, in 2.18, I have reduced the resource usage somewhat, so it may be possible to re-run the match but not every time the mouse moves (thats still going 5to be bad) but perhaps when a button is clicked.... (wont help if switching tabs via the keyboard). Perhaps it needs a per profile option to turn this on, so its only applied for applications where the caption can change, like a browser... that may be enough to prevent it from overloading the CPU all the time...
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)