Mouse Sensativity Problem

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
FutL
New User

Mouse Sensativity Problem

Post by FutL » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:12 pm

Ok so I posted a question like this a little bit ago in the wrong format. For that I am sorry. Here is an updated version of the question with all the recommended stuff.

A clear description of the problem:
Ok so basically my mouse cursor will sometimes go at crazy high speeds randomly. There is no way to control it and happens randomly. This really sucks when I'm playing games as its hard to aim when this happens. This problem usually lasts for a split second but can sometimes last up to 5 seconds

Portable or Installed (where was it installed)?:
Installed. My C drive in the Program Files (not x86)

OS Version and edition (x64, x86 etc.)[/color]:
Windows 10 64 bit

Version of the software you are running:
Not sure how to check but when I right click on the icon and click check for updates it says I am using latest version.

Number of CPU (cores) and CPU model/speed:
Not sure. I have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU

Available/Total memory:
I believe I have around 1 TB of total space on my hard drive and about 80% of it is available.

Hope this will help answer my question. I really hope you guys have some sort of fix as its driving me nuts when I play games.

Mouse hardware/drivers:
Language and keyboard layout used:
Debug logs where applicable:

FutL
New User

Re: Mouse Sensativity Problem

Post by FutL » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Forgot these sorry XD

Mouse hardware/drivers:
I use a Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum with the Logitech Gaming software.

Language and keyboard layout used:
English with QWERTY layout.

Debug logs where applicable:

phil
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Sensativity Problem

Post by phil » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:58 pm

Thanks for the updated info.
As I said yesterday, I can't think of anything in XMBC that could cause this except for maybe some performance issues that have been found in 2.17 (the latest released version).

I have made quite a few changes to improve performance in the latest 2.18 beta so that is worth a try before we go much further (and its nice and stable at the moment!). More importantly though, is the question does this random movement happen if you exit/disable XMBC. If it does then the problem is probably with the physical mouse itself - you may have already ruled this out, but you haven't said so :).

As I said, XMBC generally does not do anything with the mouse cursor / position messages. There is certainly nothing in XMBC that can speed up the cursor (except that which modifies the Windows mouse sensitivity setting but that wouldn't be random and inconsistent, and would require you asking XMBC to do so (in application specific profiles) which I don't believe you have done and certainly should impact when playing a game in full screen mode!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)