Enabling Lock Y-Axis for one app

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
3Dmented
New User

Enabling Lock Y-Axis for one app

Post by 3Dmented » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:56 am

I'm a newbie to XMBC, and this question may make that obvious:

I've successfully been able to lock the Y-axis using a Modifier key (Ctrl) in the Default profile settings. Now I would like it to occur only when using Photoshop.

To do this, I made a copy of the Default profile where I had the working settings, and identified Photoshop as the app for the copy, and saved. Then I went back into the Default settings and 'undid' my working settings - unchecking 'Enable modifier keys' and setting Lock Y-Axis back to 'None' for the control. When I did so, and went back to my Photoshop app settings, it changed there too. When I re-checked the checkbox to "Enable Modifier keys" and reassigned Lock Y-Axis back to 'Control' in the Photoshop profile, sure enough, my Default settings profile reflected the same change.

What am I missing? How do I enable and assign Lock Y-axis to a Control for just one app (Photoshop in this case)? Is there another setting or checkbox other than 'Enable modifier keys..." that I need to set for each profile to control when that occurs? I realize that the controls I am using are in the "Global Settings" area, so would like to know if there is a better method or settings I need to set in each profile to control this.

And yes, I am pressing OK and applying the setting on the main screen after each change... :wink:

Any help appreciated.

phil
Site Admin

Re: Enabling Lock Y-Axis for one app

Post by phil » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:47 am

You are missing the fact that modifier and global hotkeys are all global. They are not profile specific.
However, there is an option per profile (in the options tab) to enable axis locking (or not).
So leave the global layer modifiers active and setup, and turn off the "Enable axis locking modifier keys" on the default profile.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

3Dmented
New User

Post by 3Dmented » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks for the speedy response, Phil.
phil wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:47 am
...So leave the global layer modifiers active and setup, and turn off the "Enable axis locking modifier keys" on the default profile.
Unfortunately, it did not seem to make a difference when I unchecked "Enable axis locking modifier keys" under the Default profile Options tab. My Y-axis can still be locked by holding down Ctrl everywhere.

I'm using XMBC v2.17 on Windows 7 if that means anything.

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Oh thats odd, I'll add it to my list of things to look at!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)