X-mouse BC opens maximised every boot-up (Win10Pro64)

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
DanielF
New User

X-mouse BC opens maximised every boot-up (Win10Pro64)

Post by DanielF » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 am

After a recent automatic Windows 10 update from Microsoft, my wife's mouse started doing weird things. After checking other things, I eventually decided to look for an X-Mouse update in case the old version installed had suddenly become incompatible with the latest Win10. Sure enough, installing XMBC v2.17 fixed the strange mouse behaviour. But brought with it a new problem...

Previously on booting up, X-Mouse always started without maximising the Settings pane. I.e. just available in the System Tray. Now, every time my wife starts her PC, X-Mouse Settings pane opens maximised, and she has to close it to clear her desktop. How can I fix this behaviour?

Dell 780 PC
Pentium G630 @ 2.7GHz
4GB RAM
Logitech M-BD53 mouse
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1709, build 16299.192

Thanks,
Daniel

phil
Site Admin

Re: X-mouse BC opens maximised every boot-up (Win10Pro64)

Post by phil » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 pm

If the settings window opens on startup, the chances are that Windows is running XMBC twice. This can happen if, for example, you put a link to XMBC in the startup folder.

On Windows 8 onward, you can see the startup items in Task Manager. Have a look in there and see if there are two XMBC start items. If there is, disable one of them. If there aren't, then I'm not sure why this would happen and some more digging will be required!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)