XMouse 1.49 Released

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

XMouse 1.49 Released

Post by phil »

I've just put version 1.49 on the downloads page.

Here are the changes:
  • Layer support (up to 5 configurations accessible via hot keys/button combo's)
  • Change the GUI to support layers and moved the settings to a separate dialog.
  • Added optional global hot key support for several XMBC operations.
  • Added de-bounce/throttling settings for tilt wheel, to try and control the repeat messages of the tilt wheel.
  • Removed old disable XMBC "hot key"/mouse action as its now configurable along with the other hot keys.
  • Added ability to open a selected folder, and open some default folders (computer, documents, network, control panel)
  • Added ability to scroll windows that do not respond to the usual windows scroll messages, currently configured manually in settings file. One day I will have a GUI to do that!
  • Fixed some bugs causing the mouse hook creation to fail.
  • Fixed bug causing tray icon to sometimes not show.
  • Modified service launcher to retry if the launch fails.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

jigglesjug
New User

Re: XMouse 1.49 Released

Post by jigglesjug »

Wow, nice work. I love the new layout.

PeeWee
New User

Post by PeeWee »

Finally the pefect fit for my Kensington expert mouse. Windows 7x64 ran driver native to win7 then loaded 1.49 and it runs flawlessly for the first time.

jerome
New User

Post by jerome »

# Layer support (up to 5 configurations accessible via hot keys/button combo's)
# Added optional global hot key support for several XMBC operations.
Excellent features, now I can easily change from one layer to another just using a global hot key....

This application it's getting better and better

Best regards

Jerome

Raffaele3D
New User

Post by Raffaele3D »

Hi Phil,
I have tested XMouse and it's marvellous!
But I have a problem:
if i try to customize a button to combine Left Click + SPACE BAR it does not work!
For example if I customize my 5th button mouse to have Left Click + SPACE BAR, only left click works and no more!
The Left Click comand overwrite every other comand!
How is possible to solve the problem?
For me it will be a cool thing, because it will help to control a 3D real time engine for my presentation!
Anyway i have tested the following combination Left Click + {SPACE} but it does not work!
Please help me! :cry: :cry: :cry:

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Please tell me how you have set this up...

Presumably using simulated keystrokes?
What simulation commands do you have, and what is selected in the drop-down in the simulated keystrokes dialog?

Its probably a configuration issue because I know this works for other people including myself.

EDIT: If you haven't already tried, use {LMB}{SPACE} and select "during" in the drop-down.

Edit2: AL_Be asked this very same question last week, so perhaps a little look around/search would have helped first :? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=383&start=0

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--

Raffaele3D
New User

Post by Raffaele3D »

Dear Phil,
I have solved the problem!
I have written {LMB}{SPACE} last time in my test session, but your software have a problem:
the left mouse button overwrite every other commands!
I have retargeted the left mouse button by the command that I need and everithyng is working properly!
I have the command {SPACE} on Left Button and the comand Left Click on Mouse Button 4 and everything is going on!
Thank you for all!
Anyway your Software is really cool! ..... :cheers: :cheers:

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to tell me when you say
the left mouse button overwrite every other commands!

Its not something I am aware of - can you please describe the problem in a little more details (preferably step by step. If I can reproduce it then maybe I can fix it. Do you mean, if you change the left button to simulate a key sequence with {LMB} inside it, it has a problem - That might make sense - because the {LMB} will fire a left button which might confuse it...
--[ Phil ]--

Raffaele3D
New User

Post by Raffaele3D »

Give a look to the .jpg

http://www.dotmindinmotion.com/xmouse/configmouse.jpg

In CONFIG.1 Button 4 disable Button 5 if I press them togheter
In CONFIG.2 Left Button disable Button 5 I press them togheter
CONFIG.3 works properly.

I'm Italian and when we write 'overwrite' means 'disable'..
Sorry for my english! :lol:

Thank you again... :D :D :D :D

drixoman
New User

Post by drixoman »

XMBC Version: 1.49.0
Windows: Windows XP SP2 (x86)
Mouse button: 2+wheel
Driver: generic

I seem intuitively make sense of that each layer should be able to change into other layer independently of other layers...on my if you select layer 3 for left click on layer 1 it automatically assume all layer's left click function as "change to layer 3". I'm new to this program so maybe I missed something but that kinda stand out...

The situation actually derive from my broken wired mouse which has the left button sunken (on the actual board). I currently use a working wireless mouse but that seem to consume battery fairly quickly so I would like to continue using my wired for the time being. Not that I need the kinda of stuff I mention above with my broken wired, but I just noticed the layer changing oddity while configuring/testing with my wireless...

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Layers are new in 1.49 so there are bound to be some oddities... The point of the layer switch by MOUSE BUTTON in XMBC is to activate the selected layer while the button is held down, and to go back when the button is released. If your button is stuck down, I would expect it to keep that layer active.

If you want to switch to another layer permanently, try using the global hotkeys in the advanced settings.

Anyway, I believe that your problem may be with the way the configuration screen works. When you select a layer tab in the settings dialog, it does NOT switch the layer (the active layer stays what it was (probably layer 1) so when you press the right button, it will visibly switch to layer 2. Also the hotkeys are disabled when in the settings dialog making it tricky to change layers. So maybe this is what is causing you confusion?

I agree by the way that this could be improved, perhaps simply by switching active layers when you change the tab in the configuration screen (although no doubt someone wont want it that way lol)

By the way, in the future, if you think you have found a bug with the way it works, can you please create a new thread so we can discuss and track it easier?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--