There is a way to support more than 5 buttons

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Torrente

There is a way to support more than 5 buttons

Post by Torrente »

Yeah, it's kinda cheating but ... if I'm well informed every mouse with more than 5 buttons comes with some config app for those extra buttons, so if we configure those buttons to do stuff like:

Ctrl+Shift-Alt+X or Ctrl+Shift-Alt+Y or ...

than XMBC "only" have to do is to intercept those keystrokes and convert them to some user command like Mute, run app, etc?

phil
Site Admin

Re: There is a way to support more than 5 buttons

Post by phil »

Firstly, XMBC does not intercept keystrokes, only mouse buttons, and secondly the whole point of XMBC is to run without other mouse software which these days is usually bloated and takes a lot of memory.

So no, really this is not the answer.

Of course it may help you get around the problem - but it means running two apps at once which defeats the purpose and point.

I still haven't found a way to generically support buttons more than 5. They all seem manufacturer specific (and most require drivers and require the supplied software to decode the information from the driver).

Thanks for the attempt though :)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)