XMBC and Terminal

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
leomaks
New User

XMBC and Terminal

Post by leomaks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:11 am

Why XMBC do not works in Terminal service (RDP) ?

phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC and Terminal

Post by phil » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:35 am

What exactly are you expecting it to do, control the remote machine? If so, you need to install it on the remote machine!

If your trying to simulate keystrokes (or copy/paste etc.) then you need XMBC installed on the remote machine because RDP grabs the input at a much lower level than most normal Windows applications and the keystrokes injected by XMBC do not get seen by the local RDP client (I havnt worked out why - maybe it just ignores injected keystrokes).

But if you have XMBC on the remote machine then you can use that to configure the mouse. The same applies for things like virtual machines (VMWare) which supports 5 button mice in the latest workstation version (under some confiurations).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

leomaks
New User

Post by leomaks » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:23 am

I have XMBC on the remote machine.
On the remote machine When I pressing 4th or 5th button there are no highliting (yellow text) in programm setting window.
May be the remote machine mast have mice with 5 buttons (not 3 buttons)?

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:20 am

I would be a little surprised but you might be right on that one. It might also have something to do with the mouse driver rather than the hardware, but again, I would be surprised - because I would expect the mouse messages to be injected earlier.

I've just remembered something.... You might have to exclude the RDP client on the local (client) machine.
Add mstsc.exe to the application configuration and set all buttons to "Nothing (Don't intercept) (Default)". I remember now that I had to do this to stop the local XMBC changing the mouse messages before RDP got them. Sorry I forgot that in the last post.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)