Simulated keystrokes

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
zoktar

Simulated keystrokes

Post by zoktar » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:23 pm

How can I send a custom key press or key sequence?
In the drop down list of functions associated with each button, you can select Simulated Keystrokes. When you choose this, a dialog appears allowing you to specify the key (or key sequence). This dialog also has a help panel details how you can use special tags for certain system keys like the F-keys, arrow keys, CTRL, ALT keys etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i am trying to make the following keystroke sequence, as repeated while i press my mousebutton down "mb5"

ctrl-f, 3, q, c, ctrl-3
but for some reason "ctrl" gets activated for the next key in the sequence aswell. this is the accuall keystroke sequence i make,

{CTRL}F-3-Q-C-V-{CTRL}3

are modifiers treated as special keys? and or is it possible to make keystroke assignments with "modifier" keys like im tryin to do?.

phil
Site Admin

Re: Simulated keystrokes

Post by phil » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:24 pm

There are some problems right now with the modifiers. It is something I was just about to take a look at so hopefully I will sort it soon. One problem is everyone expects it to work slightly differently!

I think I may need to come up with a different method of specifying them - but maybe not.
I will let you know what I find later today.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:34 pm

I think I know why this is happeneing, I just need to make sure changing it does not break anything else.

In the mean time, you might like to try;
{CTRL}F{CLEAR}-3-Q-C-V-{CTRL}3
and see if that helps ( {CLEAR} should clear any previous modifier but it is untested.)

EDIT: I think its just a normal bug. I have fixed it if you want to try the beta version before I release it, let me know by PM.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

zoktar

Post by zoktar » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Yeah sure ill try beta, yes it seemed like a bug indeed, cus later when i changed the keysequence by putting the "modifier" ones at the end it worked fine, or i think thats how it was, having some other issue now tho, but havnt figured out what it is, from what i can tell this also could be a "modifier stuck" type bug donno, will test some more later. cheers.