Prevent simulated keystroke twice in streak?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
Ecks
New User

Prevent simulated keystroke twice in streak?

Post by Ecks » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:24 am

Hey guys.
I recently downloaded XMB and tried to remap my scrollUp to two buttons - first G then P. In simulated keystrokes I just typed GP, then went into game and tried it. It did both keys, but the problem is that it keeps doing it several times - maybe because I scroll not only once. The thing is, I don't want it to press G after it has done P (that's what happens when it repeats the simulated keystroke), but before P as soon as possible. So is there any way to prevent it being done twice in streak? ...Or prevent scrolling up twice in 500ms?

Also I tried GP{WAIT 0,5} - but it ends up lagging (completely unable to move the mouse) for about one second.

Btw does GP press both keys at the same time or first G then P?

Thanks.

phil
Site Admin

Re: Prevent simulated keystroke twice in streak?

Post by phil » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:15 pm

Right now its not possible.
I have already made several changes in the next (currently unreleased) version of XMBC that will help here, but not to prevent you actually sending more than you want by clicking more than once, or in your case, scrolling more than 1 notch.

I can see why this could be a problem so I will try and add an option or a check to prevent duplicate sending when assigned to the scroll wheel.

I cant promise anything schedule wise but I will try and get it in to the next version.

As for the order, it is always sent in the order you type it in. However, if you mean, is the first key pressed AND released before the next, then that depends on the option you select in the simulated keystroke dialog (and its changed since 1.46 to fix some bugs in that area).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

Ecks
New User

Re: Prevent simulated keystroke twice in streak?

Post by Ecks » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:40 pm

OwKay. Thank you very much, master. I'll wait till you release it.