left click (sticky button)

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
billswagger
New User

left click (sticky button)

Post by billswagger » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:17 am

I'm having trouble changing this function.
I made the mistake of first, not activating the "bypass all" feature of the program, and second, i changed my left click button into the sticky button. This means that i now can't change the function because there is no left click to tell the program to make the change, and for some reason the left click sticky feature doesn't allow me to make a change. In fact, none of the buttons, or check boxes work so that i can make any needed changes. It does let me get to the drop down lists for each button, but it won't select a new function.
Please tell me i'm not the first to do this.

Here's what i've tried, with no success:

I plugged in a second mouse, but the functions of the buttons are the same.

I reversed the right and left buttons of my windows default mouse settings, but that causes the right button to act as the left sticky button in the XMBC.

I uninstalled XMBC, and reinstalled it but the functions were still there along with other presets for other programs. If i could delete these then that might fix it, but i'm not sure where they are stored. It isn't in the programs files, so it must be buried somewhere else.

I also tried a system restore as a last resort, but the problem still points to where the presets are stored even when the program has been deleted.

Note: when i delete the process, my normal mouse functions are restored but i can't access the program with out it starting the process that keeps me from making the changes. I would like to fix this ASAP as i find the program very useful and 10 steps ahead of other mouse tools and key mappers i've used in the past.

thanks

Bill

billswagger
New User

Re: left click (sticky button)

Post by billswagger » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:05 am

well..
i just fixed it. Arrow keys let you change the function, then its just a matter if getting the mouse to click and release on the 'apply' button, which takes few clicks.

for anyone else who has this potential problem, i'll leave this post up.

Bill