Alt + left mouse button for draging windows (Alt drag)

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
schiel
New User

Alt + left mouse button for draging windows (Alt drag)

Post by schiel » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Hi - I love this tool for its high reliability, flexibility and handyness. So thanks a lot!
Theres only one little thing I miss: As far as I can see there is no option for that:

Hold down the Alt-Key and press left mouse button anywhere in a window (not only the title bar as usual) to drag the window.

I need this feature, cause some programms don't realise that my Windows-Taskbar is on top of the screen, and so sometimes the title bar of the program is behind the Taskbar. That means, that there is no way to move (or resize) the window of that program.

Thats why I'm asking:
Am I blind - and this is already possible with XMBC?
Is there a chance to get this feature?

Thanks for reading.
Michael

p.s. There is a tool out there called AltDrag (https://stefansundin.github.io/altdrag/), but it's not good in interaction with XBMC :-(

phil
Site Admin

Re: Alt + left mouse button for draging windows (Alt drag)

Post by phil » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi,

This is not currently possible but it is on my todo list.... Chances are it will be in the next version.
To be honest, it was on the todo list for v2.17 and it got missed - so it is going to be one of my primary focus items for 2.18!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2620

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

schiel
New User

Re: Alt + left mouse button for draging windows (Alt drag)

Post by schiel » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Thanks a lot - sounds great!

To be honest: As a good forum user I searched for Alt drag before I posted. And so I found the post you mentioned - and I thought, it might be a good idea to ask again ;-)

As I'm a software developer too I know these to-do-lists (and sometimes a hate these lists ... )

Michael