Both {TILTR} and {TILTL} send tilt-right commands

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
xerkon
New User

Both {TILTR} and {TILTL} send tilt-right commands

Post by xerkon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi. When I set a button to simulated keys and use the mouse-wheel tag {TILTL} that button ends up doing the same thing as {TILTR}. (What I want to do is keep the wheel for tilting but use the ignore remapped settings. If I don't intercept I can't do that, so I specify tiltl and tiltr then the ignore feature kicks in.)

Also
, repeat function disables (for tilt) if ignore setting is above 100ms. I'd like to have a 200 ms ignore time and then auto-repeat. Is this possible?

Thanks, Phil! :cheers:

phil
Site Admin

Re: Both {TILTR} and {TILTL} send tilt-right commands

Post by phil » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:37 pm

OK, TILTL is indeed wrong. That will be fixed in the next beta - well spotted!
I'm not sure what you mean by
Also, repeat function disables (for tilt) if ignore setting is above 100ms. I'd like to have a 200 ms ignore time and then auto-repeat. Is this possible?
Could you try and clarify that or give an example please?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

xerkon
New User

Post by xerkon » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:51 am

Sorry for being unclear. At a setting of 101ms or greater, "Ignore repeated remapped horizontal scroll for x milliseconds" turns into "Ignore repeated remapped horizontal scroll forever." If I map a key (we'll say "A") to my wheel's tilt and open notepad and hold my wheel tilted, an A appears and then A starts to auto-repeat, but only if ms is set to 100 or below. At 101ms or higher, doing the same thing in notepad gives me the initial A but never repeats. Maybe the problem is me? I guess if it works for you then maybe I have something set up wrongly? Thanks! :)

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 pm

The whole point of that option IS to ignore repeats completely (forever until you release the button).
The tilt repeats messages and that is not good if you want to use it as a button with down and up messages (because it does not send down and up messages). In order to combat that the "Ignore" tries to filter out the repeated messages and simulate a single down and single up message). If you want it to repeat, then dont use that option?!

You can in theory use the ignore repeat option and then use the repeat in simulated keystrokes to repeat the A at a rate you desire instead of the repeat rate of the tilt wheel - but the repeat will continue shortly after releasing the button (because it does not know you have released the button until the time (ms) expires and it hasn't seen another message from the tilt.

It seems to be working as I would expect here but the tilt repeat rate is device dependant so maybe you device does things differently.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

xerkon
New User

Post by xerkon » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Okay, I get it now. It's essentially "ignore for x ms and then be ready to accept another press, or tilt, in this case." :D And a few seconds later it dawned on me that my auto-repeat in windows is probably set to start repeating at 100ms. That would explain why my mouse auto-repeats below that value, but when X-Mouse is set to 101 it essentially blocks auto-repeat, and auto-repeat doesn't seem to interested in checking again later to see if it's still blocked. Just a guess. Thanks for your help! I'm a little slow sometimes! :roll: