Quick Disable feature?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
pocococo
New User

Quick Disable feature?

Post by pocococo » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Could you include a "disable" option in the tray icon menu? Given that it is not possible to selectively remap events based on the device they are coming from, a disable option would allow me to quickly enable or disable XMBC when I start using a different mouse.

For example, when I dock my laptop at work in its docking station (with a different mouse than at home) and all of a sudden I realize that my buttons aren't working, I quickly right click the XMBC icon in the tray and "disable" XMBC, and it stops remapping my mouse. When I start using the laptop at home with again a different mouse, I just have to right-click the tray icon and "enable" XMBC again, and it starts remapping my mouse again.

My current workaround to using XMBC on only some of my devices is to exit XMBC when I switch to a different mouse, and then start it again from the start menu later. This is inconvenient.

Perhaps you could gray the icon or something whenever XMBC is disabled.

phil
Site Admin

Re: Quick Disable feature?

Post by phil » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:39 am

I guess this could be done - but you could also use the "bypass ALL actions when SCROLL LOCK is ON"
I understand that that will not be ideal for everyone so I will try and add a disable feature next time I make a change (no idea when that will be though).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)