X-mouse button control manual.instructions

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
phil
Site Admin

Re: X-mouse button control manual.instructions

Post by phil » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:44 am

Hum, thats potentially a tricky one... Its probably doable... but maybe not in one action.
It really depends on the application you are using (presumably a browser?).

You can certainly wire up a button that types your email address (and return etc.) when you press it (look at simulated keystrokes), but if you first have to click the text input field before typing thats more difficult to do (it may be possible if the field is always in the same location within the window) but its going to get tricky very quickly and may not be 100% possible using XMBC alone. You can position the mouse cursor (relative to the window border or the monitor) in simulated keystrokes using the tags {MSET} {PSET} and {ASET} and click the left button {LMB}, but you cant say "focus input on the window/text field called X".

Also XMBC is for mapping mouse buttons, there is no facility to map keys/hotkeys to macros - you might want to look at AutoHotkey or EventGhost for that ability (they also has a more advanced scripting engine than XMBC).

In my experience, "unsubscribing" to many of these spam emails just confirms your email address to the spammers and you get more not less spam. Less so for genuine companies but perhaps most the spam I get is not from genuine companies in the first place!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

Janning
New User

Post by Janning » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:57 am

Another app, I've barley looked at, ...appears to have a small table available for access ..I may not be reading this right (imagine that!)...as I said I barley read over it. I Want to use your app, is there an area in X-mouse, to store, pre-typed in data? Without that, I'm dead n the water, I believe.

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:03 am

Well, yes, as I mentioned above, simulated keystrokes allows your to type in a key or sequence of keys that get replayed when you press the button they are assigned to. You can setup profiles (for individual applications) and each can have their own button mappings and simulated key sequences.

You can also setup layers and various other things to have multiple mappings on a single button, or chorded buttons (when for example tap the left button while holding the right button).

So if you set the middle button to simulated keystrokes, the simkey window pops up where you can type in the sequence to send when you subsequently press that button. If you only want that to happen in a particular application, then setup a profile for that application (based on the name of the executable generally) and whenever the mouse cursor if over that application, the profile will be activated. When its not over that application, the global/default profile will be activated.

Thats me out for the night.
Good luck.
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)