How Do I Disable Xmouse in Youtube Video?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
xlook

How Do I Disable Xmouse in Youtube Video?

Post by xlook » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:47 am

Is it possible to disable an xmouse button chording ONLY on the video player in youtube?

phil
Site Admin

Re: How Do I Disable Xmouse in Youtube Video?

Post by phil » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:59 am

It depends... if the youtube video player can be detected in the browser or not - most HTML5 players embed seamlessly which makes it difficult to detect the different between a video and any other web content. If you can create a window profile for the youtube video window then you can leave that profile as "nothing dont intercept" but if you cant then its going to be much more difficult :(.

You might be able to disable it for the whole browser if the browsers window/tab title has youtube in it - that will depend on the browser.... Same deal though you need to be able to create a window profile that identifies the window and then set a specific button mapping (or nothing) for that profile.

Which browser are you using?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

xlook

Re: How Do I Disable Xmouse in Youtube Video?

Post by xlook » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:02 pm

phil wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:59 am
It depends... if the youtube video player can be detected in the browser or not - most HTML5 players embed seamlessly which makes it difficult to detect the different between a video and any other web content. If you can create a window profile for the youtube video window then you can leave that profile as "nothing dont intercept" but if you cant then its going to be much more difficult :(.

You might be able to disable it for the whole browser if the browsers window/tab title has youtube in it - that will depend on the browser.... Same deal though you need to be able to create a window profile that identifies the window and then set a specific button mapping (or nothing) for that profile.

Which browser are you using?
Hi phil,

I'm using firefox v56.