Scroll Wheel No Longer Double Clicks

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
seahorse825
New User

Scroll Wheel No Longer Double Clicks

Post by seahorse825 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:40 pm

I have been using X-Mouse for 3 years. This week, the scroll wheel no longer double-clicks. It happened midway through my day. I don't know if it happened after an update. However, I uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice and it still doesn't work. The mouse is otherwise working well. It is a Dell-branded mouse made by Logitech and it's 3 years old. Has something changed with the program, or is there something else I can do to make this work? Apparently, X-Mouse is the only way to get the scroll wheel to double-click, which I have been doing for YEARS, and I miss it!

Thank you,
Patty

phil
Site Admin

Re: Scroll Wheel No Longer Double Clicks

Post by phil » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:57 am

Hi, there hasn't been an update to XMBC for several months, so I guess its not going to be an XMBC change, unless you only just updated to 2.16.1 (you didn't state what version you are using). What else has changed on your system?
Is XMBC recognising the click at all (does the dropdown change colour to orange when you press the button?
I presume you have mapped the button to "Double click"?

You could try turning on debug logging and OK/Apply that, then click the middle button a few times, then send me a copy of the log file - that might help see what is going on, and if XMBC thinks it is mapping to double click or not.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)