Bug report, can't button chording v2.16

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
mobydick
New User

Bug report, can't button chording v2.16

Post by mobydick » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:22 am

Hello Phil,

1. Thank you, Phil, for the program! I can't say this enough.

2. Although I tried to adhere to forum's rules, this is my first post and mistakes are bound to happen. I apologize in advance.

3. I would like to make a bug report.

The issue is I can't use button chording for button 4 with many simulated keys for version 2.16 in this manner:
a. press and hold button 4;
b. then if press right button, new tab open ({CTRL}T) or,
c. then if press left button, current tab close ({CTRL}W).

Here are some details:
- It sometimes work after a while of repeatedly doing the same thing (press and hold button 4 then press right/left button). I failed to notice a pattern.

- If it works the first time it will work for about a few more times until you interrupt with something else (if it works, I can keep press and hold button 4, then a few right button press after that will still work).

- I can get it to work with version 2.15 - I use that before so I know it can work. I make sure to keep every settings the same and no new software installation.

- This happens only with button chording of button 4 with many simulates keys. I tested button chording of right button with many simulated keys (press and hold left button, scroll wheels to change tab ({CTRL}{TAB}) or left click to brings out charm bar) and it seems fine.

- I believe there's no difference in behaviour of either portable or installed version. I am using version 64bit.

- I am running Wins 8.1 64 bit, Intel i5 - 3437U, 8gigs, generic wireless non-bluetooth Chinese mouse with 5 buttons (left right, 2more on the side and the scroll) with generic driver,and US keyboard layout.

4. I believe in the installation wizard, the "delete previous settings" tick box doesn't do anything. After uninstalling XMBC, I re-install it and tick the box, and the everything in the default settings stay the same (or was it meant that way? I didn't not check the non-default settings)

Let me know if you need more info.

For the time being I will use v2.15 - it's just a shame because the "load whole profiles" makes it so easy to export the default settings.

phil
Site Admin

Re: Bug report, can't button chording v2.16

Post by phil » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:40 am

Please can you try 2.17 Beta (available in the beta thread here) as I think I have fixed this one already.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)