I have upgraded the board - please let me know if you have any problems

XMBC and Synergy

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
sebflo
New User

XMBC and Synergy

Post by sebflo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:08 pm

High,
i'm using the software Synergy to control more then one desktop with one mouse and one keyboard over LAN. It works fine, so far so good. 8)

After installing XMBC on the primary desktop-pc (WINDOWS 10 pro) it works also fine but only at this machine. If i move the mouse to a secondary desktop-pc, only the mouse-arrow is working. No mouse-button and no keyboard-input is working. It only works when i disable the XMBC by the contextmenu in systray. That's not usefull and i'm verry unhappy about this. :(

Is it a known problem or is xmbc incompatible with Synergy without a solution ? :oops:

phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC and Synergy

Post by phil » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi,

Its not a known problem, as in no one else has reported it, but then I dont know of anyone else using synergy - you may be the first to try that combination. It certainly sounds like these two programs are not compatible or conflict with each other. Unfortunately as I know nothing of Synergy (and its not free?) I'm not sure what I can do to look into it.

When you say you disable XMBC, is that on the primary or secondly PC?
XMBC hooks the mouse and keyboard. I guess Synergy also does that - so maybe those hooks are interfering with each other. You could try turning on debug logging in XMBC, as that logs ALL mouse messages (so we can at least see if XMBC is seeing the messages).

I'm pretty sure XMBC works with other mouse sharing software (people have told me, I've never used them myself) so I suspect you should be asking the authors of synergy (as that's the paid for software, which presumably has some sort of support as its paid?!) why its not working.

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

sebflo
New User

Post by sebflo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:57 am

Thanks for your answer.

I disable XMBC on the primary PC.

Okay, i'll report my problem to the authors of Synergy. If they can help me and solve the problem, i'll post it here.

Have a nice day !

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:09 pm

OK, so my guess would be that the XMBC hooks on the primary PC are causing the synergy hooks to not work.
What have you mapped your buttons to in XMBC - anything that is not "Nothing dont intercept" I expect will not make it to synergy because XMBC will have remapped them - and maybe synergy does not pick up on simulated input from the MS SendInput API - does it work with the Windows onscreen keyboard for example?

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

sebflo
New User

Post by sebflo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:26 am

Yes, with the MS onscreen keyboard all works fine. :?

Greetings
sebflo