How Do I Disable the Right Button When Menu Pops up?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
xlook

How Do I Disable the Right Button When Menu Pops up?

Postby xlook » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:08 am

When I right-click and the menu pops up, the options in the menu can be selected with the right button accidentally. This is not supposed to happen. Only the left button is supposed to choose the options. How do I disable the right button ONLY while the right-click menu pops up?

phil
Site Admin

Re: How Do I Disable the Right Button When Menu Pops up?

Postby phil » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:41 am

Just to be clear, your trying to use XMBC to fix this behaviour in other programs?
Some programs (firefox etc) work with both the left and right button to select menu items and some work with only the left button. It does not seem consistent and appears to be each application makes up its own mind.

The closest you might get would be to create a windows specific profile for the context menu and disable the right button on it. This works for firefox (I just tested it here), but I fear that every menu may have its own class ID (i.e. you may need lots of profiles) OR the context menu may be indistinguishable from other windows - so it might not be possible to get them all.

To add a profile for a menu, use the hover function in the Find Window, bring up the context menu, ensure the mouse cursor is over the window and lock it in to the XMBC find window using caps lock.

Good luck!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

xlook

Re: How Do I Disable the Right Button When Menu Pops up?

Postby xlook » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:17 am

phil wrote:Just to be clear, your trying to use XMBC to fix this behaviour in other programs?
Some programs (firefox etc) work with both the left and right button to select menu items and some work with only the left button. It does not seem consistent and appears to be each application makes up its own mind.
!

Hi phil,

Thanks for clearing that up. After reading your explanation I wont be modifying the right-click button. Thanks.

Return to “XMouse Button Control”