Paste under cursor and Firefox specific windows

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
maxoku
Committed

Re: Paste under cursor and Firefox specific windows

Post by maxoku » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Well if I use other method than 3 then it won't work like I need. Nevertheless in firefox (instead of address bar) it works practically how I want it to work, besides this site. I wounder why does it have a script that makes ctrl+enter to refresh a page?

Yeah I tried {WAITMS} and for some reason it doesn't work even if the process itself is delayed.

Thanks anyway. I'll be waiting for your progress with firefox and to reproducing that effect in other applications. Let me know if you'll find out how it can be done.

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:09 pm

I guess the "script" is a feature of PHPBB (the forum website software) it certainly not on all pages...

I'm working on adding window regions for profiles, so you can define a rectangle area of the window... Quite crude - just specify a top, left, bottom and right pixel boundary - but it seems to work :)....

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 pm

It works on posting page and when I habitually paste something I need to type everything from the beginning, like I did several times already :( . I use some phpbb forums like custom buttons and there I don't have such problems.

Great, it's exactly what I was suggesting :D . I hope it will include some kind of preview to see that rectangle on window (like with specific windows), cuz I don't have a pixel calculator in my eyes. :P

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:46 pm

2.16 Beta 8 has the ability to define a window region (rectangle) to apply to the window specific profile detection, allowing you to create a profile for just the address bar area in firefox (for example).

https://forums.highrez.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 245#p13245

No preview as of yet - that's a much much bigger task (so probably wont happen - its a case of experiment until it about right for now I'm afraid).

Feedback welcome (but my time is limited :)).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--

maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:06 pm

It works, it works, thanks a lot :mrgreen: . But that preview would be nice, cuz manually setting it is a pain in (you know where :P ).

PS: I was manage to narrow the rectangle to address and search bars with values: 45, 150, 65, -370. It works always like I set independently of the window's size or position. Remember that that bars change their size then and still it works only on them :P . When I set a positive value to right then it had some problems with it.

Actually it's not much pain to set it, I can get used to it lol.

maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:01 pm

By the way I've found the culprit script lol. I've blocked "forums.highrez.co.uk/assets/javascript/jquery.min.js" and don't have any refreshing after my pasting (ctrl+enter). I hope it doesn't contain anything useful.

I hope you'll find one day an universal way to paste under the cursor that would work not only for firefox.

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:43 pm

I suspect that jquery script might do more than refresh the window - you might find all sorts of other things dont work wit that blocked - but if you do, you will know why I guess!
--[ Phil ]--

maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:51 pm

You are right. I have problems with putting attachments to posts. Aww. Couldn't you just modify the script to remove the ctrl+enter refresh function? Or maybe take the file from other phpbb forum and replace it or something?

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:25 pm

Urm, the file is stock phpbb - I haven't changed it. So I'd expect the same problems on other PHPBB's that use 3.1.10. I don't want to go modding other peoples software - because when Ive done that before, it breaks future updates and even more so, I'm no javascript programmer and I don't want to make changes that could break things for everyone else.

I do need to update to PHPBB 3.2 but last time I tried, it fell over in a mess and damaged the database, so I rolled it back and have been waiting for them to release 3.2.1... Shame they dont update tings quite as quickly as me :).
--[ Phil ]--

maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:36 pm

I've blocked this time a core script and now it seems to work better. I think there isn't any ctrl+enter function. One script contains ctrl and the other one enter and they together (maybe cuz some conflict) makes such thing. I hope that will be fixed after next update. But enough of that offtopicing here. I bet you didn't figure anything about pasting under the cursor. Are there any special commands for simulated keys that aren't listed in instruction that I can play with?

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:12 pm

I haven't even looked. XMBC is a spare time hobby project not a full time work project. Ive hardly had any spare time this week - last week was super unusual - beta normally come along once a month or so!

Other that the layer commands {layer:x} there is nothing else undocumented in sim keys.
--[ Phil ]--

maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:01 pm

I know, I'm not complaining. I just wonder if I could use a right click only as a press without releasing that the context menu wouldn't pop-out or something? Or XMBC could recognize if hovered edit area is already in focus or have a selected text hovered that it could ignore the left click or something? Probably not, but when I can't sleep I'm thinking about it. :P