[SOLVED] CTRL + TAB being sent repeadetly regardless how it's sent.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Adrianrff
New User

[SOLVED] CTRL + TAB being sent repeadetly regardless how it's sent.

Postby Adrianrff » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Hi, folks.

I'm new to XMouse Button Control.

I've assigned the key combination CTRL + TAB to one of my buttons, it's useful for switching between tabs in web explorers and some other apps. It works, but there's a an issue with it: it behaves as if I had the "repeatedly while the button is down" option enabled, which I don't, so I have to press it really, i mean really quick in order for the combination to be triggered only once. Otherwise it switches back and forth between tabs.

I have tried with every option under how is the key stroke sent, the behavior is the same regardless. This is what I have {CTRL}{TAB}{RELEASE}{TAB}

I have tried several other options, but they all behave the same. The fact that I have an identical assignment for ALT + TAB ({ALT}{TAB}{RELEASE}{TAB} and that it works perfectly confuses me a lot.

Any ideas on how to make this combination only be sent once?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Adrianrff on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phil
Site Admin

Re: CTRL + TAB being sent repeadetly regardless how it's sent.

Postby phil » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:22 pm

What version of XMBC?
What send method are you using?

You shouldn't need to use {RELEASE}{TAB} - in fact that is probably causing the problem because it means press ctrl, press tab and when you let go of (release) the button, press tab again!

{CTRL}{TAB} with send method 1 should work just fine - it does here.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

Adrianrff
New User

Postby Adrianrff » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Thank you, Phil.

I'm using version 2.15.

Regarding the send method, I have tried with nearly every option, all of them produce the same result.

I had tried {CTRL}{TAB} before, it was probably my first attempt, but the result is also the same. I tried again just now to confirm: {CTRL}{TAB} with send method 1 sends the key strokes repeatedly and very quickly.

Adrianrff
New User

Postby Adrianrff » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:53 pm

Ok, this may help: the button I'm trying to assign is left wheel tilt. I just tried assigning {CTRL}{TAB} with send method 1 to the 4th button and that does work as expected, so maybe the wheel tilt clicks behave differently internally?

EDIT: Yup!, that was it. This post helped me: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2525&p=12015&hilit=left+tilt#p12015

Your answer there gave me the solution:

1. The tilt wheel is not like a normal mouse button, in-fact the mouse hardware hardware sends a single repeating "tilt" pulse, rather than a unique "button down, button up". Because the hardware itself repeats the message, XMBC will be sending the keys every time it gets a repeated input - which would be why you keystrokes are repeating.

You can "fix" or at least work around this problem by ticking the "Ignore repeated remapped horizontal scroll" option on the profile's options tab (Scrolling and Navigation tab prior to v2.15). Once you turn it on, you may need to adjust the number of milliseconds that the repeating message are ignored - this will probably be OK as is but can vary for each mouse make/device!

Sorry. I should've been able to find that before posting, but it only occurred to me that mouse tilts where not handled like normal buttons until recently.

Anyway, thanks for your attention!

phil
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] CTRL + TAB being sent repeadetly regardless how it's sent.

Postby phil » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Ah yes, that now makes perfect sense :)

I'm glad you figured it out and sorry I didn't think to mention the tilt (in my defense, I didn't realize you were using the tilt left/right :)).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

Adrianrff
New User

Re: [SOLVED] CTRL + TAB being sent repeadetly regardless how it's sent.

Postby Adrianrff » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:55 pm

I should've mentioned that I was trying to assign that key combo to a wheel tilt to begin with, I didn't think it was important at the time. It was only when it occurred to me to try the combination with a different button that it became clear that the problem was in the behavior specific to the tilt.

Again, thanks for your attention. I'm loving this app! I can't believe I didn't tried it earlier.

Return to “XMouse Button Control”