Scroll wheel only scrolls when cursor is over scroll bar

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
greyguru
New User

Scroll wheel only scrolls when cursor is over scroll bar

Postby greyguru » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:42 pm

My photo management software (ACDSee Ultimate 10) has a screen that shows thumbnails of whatever categories of photos I've specified, and when I use the mouse wheel to scroll, it interprets it as a zoom (all the thumbnails get bigger or smaller). I want the window to scroll. I have added an application profile and changed "wheel up" to "Scroll window up" and the opposite for wheel down. My problem is that this is only working when the cursor is over the scroll bar. I have "Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor" checked in General settings.

I got XMBC to support a Dell 5-button mouse, and I'm pretty new to making profiles for specific programs - this is my second. Any suggestions would be most welcome. TIA

David

Dual Monitors, Windows 10, XMBC v2.15

phil
Site Admin

Re: Scroll wheel only scrolls when cursor is over scroll bar

Postby phil » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi, I just installed the free trial of ACDSee ultimate 10 but i cant find the thumbnail window your referring to.
But, generally, if the window does not react to scroll messages to scroll (ie it uses those scroll messages to zoom) then there is nothing that XMBC can do about that, unless changing the scrolling methods in the scrolling tab for your profile has any useful impact.

If you can point me at how to get to the thumb view so I can try it here, maybe I can find a way of doing it, or confirm if it can/cant be done.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

Return to “XMouse Button Control”