Please help! Trying to disable mouse wheel tilt

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
theridon
New User

Please help! Trying to disable mouse wheel tilt

Post by theridon » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:09 am

Hi! I just came across this amazing piece of software. I recently purchased a logitech mouse, and unfortunately the software it comes with is horrible and causes scrolling issues, so my options are either to uninstall it and get Xmouse to work.

My problem is that I want to click and hold down on the Middle button (scroll wheel), but since the mouse has an extremely sensitive wheel-tilt function, this constantly interferes, and I am unable to keep middle click down uninterrupted.

I tried setting tilt wheel left/right to "disable", but that doesn't work. I think it just sees that I "let go" of the middle button when tilting (even though I haven't), I need some way to prevent the left/right tilt from doing anything at all, or keeping the middle button held down when I have pressed it. Thank you!

BriHecato
Dedicated

Re: Please help! Trying to disable mouse wheel tilt

Post by BriHecato » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:52 am

What Logitech mouse you bought?
I was using Proteus Spectrum last year, and albeit the wheel was very strange in touch and operate, I never have any problem with accidential tilting while press MMB (I even get used to "unlock wheel" mode and used only this).

If tilting the wheel break the signal of pressed MMB it's definately mouse behavior, not XMBC - I really don't know if it works as designed or if this is a malfunction of mouse.

I got currently mouse where I can press MMB and tilt and it is recognized as two buttons pressed simultaneously - I can use chording with it (MMB -> tilt ).

First solution that comes to my mind is to define tilt in XMBC or in Logitech software to double MMB (not disabled as You have) - When you accidentially tilt wheel it will be recognized as release MMB and another MMB press.
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB

theridon
New User

Post by theridon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:22 am

BriHecato wrote:What Logitech mouse you bought?
I was using Proteus Spectrum last year, and albeit the wheel was very strange in touch and operate, I never have any problem with accidential tilting while press MMB (I even get used to "unlock wheel" mode and used only this).

If tilting the wheel break the signal of pressed MMB it's definately mouse behavior, not XMBC - I really don't know if it works as designed or if this is a malfunction of mouse.

I got currently mouse where I can press MMB and tilt and it is recognized as two buttons pressed simultaneously - I can use chording with it (MMB -> tilt ).

First solution that comes to my mind is to define tilt in XMBC or in Logitech software to double MMB (not disabled as You have) - When you accidentially tilt wheel it will be recognized as release MMB and another MMB press.
It's a logitech m500. The thing is I don't want it to count as pressing mmb again, I want it to just do nothing and let me keep mmb pressed like normal. Maybe I just need a mouse that doesn't have wheel tilting.,,

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:29 am

Sounds to me like its a hardware issue, either that the tilt interrupts other buttons or more likely, the design of the wheel means that it is over-sensitive and the tilt physically causes the middle button to get released.

Most mice, including my logitech G9 allow both tile and MMB at the same time - so I suspect in this case, the latter is tru and the hardware is just a little on the wrong edge of suitable! If that is the case (as I expect) then there is nothing simple you can do about that in XMBC I'm afraid. It could probably be done, but its such a special case, I don't think there is a place for it in XMBC, and anyway in user mode software (like XMBC) it would be less reliable than fixing the hardware or maybe the mouse driver!

The only thing you could do, is make button 4 or 5 perform a MMB instead but then your loosing one of those buttons. It depends on your use case I guess.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

BriHecato
Dedicated

Post by BriHecato » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:38 pm

One more thing come in mind - if You have problem with MMB - disable the MMB!
Set MMB-action on left tilt + You can use right tilt as anything else (escape, enter, tab, space).
If mouse is oversensitive it should be easy to avoid pressing MMB but keep with pressing tilt.
Let the PC do the hard work = AHK + C# + HTML/CSS/JS + XMBC + Clavier+ + AutoLisp + VBA/OOB