XMBC 2.13 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
jack90
New User

Re: XMBC 2.13 Beta

Post by jack90 »

Hi Phil,
With release beta 6 and subsequent releases (I tried beta 8 & 9), I've been experiencing the simulated key strokes issue.
Ctrl, Alt and Shift (these 3 I tested) keys doesn't work when they are used alone. If you append any other keys like "{CTRL}{ALT}{END}" or "{CTRL}S", they work fine.

One more thing: in Layer tabs (2, 3, 4,...) the "Switch to ..." and "After ... seconds" functions always turn back to default values as "Disable" and "1". No matter what values I assign to them. (this problem exists since 2.10 for me, but I just didn't care it that much)

Win 7, 64 bit user.

Kind Regards

PS: Could you please re-link the release beta 5, everything was fine with it for me.

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK thanks for the feedback - I will have a look and see what I have broken.
Here is a link to 2.13 Beta 5 as requested (but it should be fixed in 2.13 beta 10 - see below)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

jack90 wrote:Hi Phil,
With release beta 6 and subsequent releases (I tried beta 8 & 9), I've been experiencing the simulated key strokes issue.
Ctrl, Alt and Shift (these 3 I tested) keys doesn't work when they are used alone. If you append any other keys like "{CTRL}{ALT}{END}" or "{CTRL}S", they work fine.

One more thing: in Layer tabs (2, 3, 4,...) the "Switch to ..." and "After ... seconds" functions always turn back to default values as "Disable" and "1". No matter what values I assign to them. (this problem exists since 2.10 for me, but I just didn't care it that much)
OK first problem found and fixed (see 2.13 Beta 10 below)
However, I cant get the "Switch to ..." and "After ... seconds" functions always turn back to default values as "Disable" and "1" to happen here - I need more info!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.13 Beta 10.

Beta 6 had a significant change to the way simulated keystrokes work internally. I think I have caught most of the bugs now but PLEASE tell me if you notice any problems with your simulated keystrokes or anything else!

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.13 Beta 9:
  • #372 - Fixed bug causing a single 'modifier' key {CTRL}, {ALT} etc. with no preceding key to no longer work since 2.13 Beta 6.
There are no new translations in 2.13 beta 10
Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--

siealex
New User

Post by siealex »

Can I use a mouse button (e. g. the fifth button) to switch between vertical and horizontal wheel scrolling?

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No, there is no such functionality in XMBC.
Well, actually it might be possible using layers....

Try this: On layer one, set the button you want to use to toggle scrolling to "Simulated keystrokes" and type {LAYER:2}
Then on Layer two set the same button to simulated keystrokes and enter {LAYER:1}

Now on layer two, change the scroll wheel up/down to send mouse wheel tilt left/right or scroll window left/right.

That might have the desired effect.

...But what has that got to do with 2.13 betas? Please start a new thread for a new, unrelated questions in the future.
--[ Phil ]--

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.13 Beta 11.

Beta 11 is now using a new C++ run-time library (2015 instead of 2008). There shouldn't be any functional changes but I have optimized some of the code and fixed a few bugs found during the conversion to 2015. Because of this, the download size has reduced (nearly half for the full installer, as I no longer need to include the MS visual C++ redist as I have linked everything needed into the XMBC executable. Whilst there should be no detrimental affect, PLEASE tell me if you notice any problems with your simulated keystrokes or anything else!

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.13 Beta 10:
  • #374 - Upgrade development environment to VS2015 and static link the run-times library.
There are no new translations in 2.13 beta 11
Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--

Tigr
New User

Post by Tigr »

Hello Phil,

I have noticed scrolling does not work withthe web browser Vivaldi 1.1 when XMBC is active. Once it is disabled, scrolling with the mouse wheel works again.

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

You could just add a profile for vivaldi and turn off "Scroll window under cursor" on the scrolling and navigation tab for that profile - see if that works?

EDIT: I tried that and it works for me....
Vivalid Browser.xmbcs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--

Tigr
New User

Post by Tigr »

It works. Thanks . Awesome work :D

ShedoSurashu

Post by ShedoSurashu »

Hi Phil,

This is a little off topic but, what do you use for packaging updates as well as the installer? I'm interested in the one for updates because it seems seamless and I think it only contains the changed files or the binary/diff of the changes.

Sorry for going off topic, you can delete this if you want.

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

XMBC uses the <old> NSIS installer for both the installation and the updates, using the highest compression available. The updates are packaged with only the main EXE and DLL files (and language packs but they are tiny). There are separate update packs for x86 and x64 - as it knows which one to download at runtime based on your current installed architecture. That keeps the individual update pack files size down to minimum, but they are the whole files and not just the differences.

The main installer contains both x86 and x64 versions and it chooses the best one to use at runtime.

XMBC is pretty small (especially now in 2.13 Beta 11 which no longer needs the MSVC runtimes in the main installer as they are properly statically linked (using minimal libraries). Ive tried to keep the sizes down not only for efficiency at runtime but also to save the bandwidth needed for distribution, which is still rather high for a small package (400-600Gb per month on the main download site which pretty much only hosts XMBC downloads!!!)

For what its worth, the installer for beta 11 is now only 3.8Mb and the updates 1.4Mb - and the beta's include the debug PDB's for helping track issues (if/when they happen) the release version should be even smaller :) Prior to beta 11, we were talking 6.9Mb for full and 2.2Mb ish for the updates!

RE Going off topic, next time, just create a new thread for things like this :)

I hope that helps!
Phil
--[ Phil ]--

WayHow47

Post by WayHow47 »

I'm suddenly having trouble scrolling in Chrome with X-mouse running under Windows 10 64 Bit. I lose the ability to scroll and it immediately returns if I shut down X-Mouse.

I first noticed it the latest release. Then I upgraded to 2.13 beta and still have the same problem. Apparently something has changed with Chrome.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Wayne

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Strange 2.13 Beta 11 is working to scroll chrome (latest) for me. Is there any particular page to check and do you have any profile setup for chrome?

You could try turning on debug logging (advanced settings) OK/Apply that then open chrome and do some scrolling. Then send me the log by PM or email (or post a snippet from the end of the file here). Maybe that might give some clues!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--

WayHow47

Post by WayHow47 »

Hello Phil,

Thanks for your reply. It can be almost any page but one that I use regularly www.cnn.com has a problem. Today sometimes I could scroll but others I cannot. Problem goes away if I shut down X-mouse.

You may recall I was having issues before but I am now using a new mouse for about 3 months. I've not had any issues up until now.

I will create a log when the issue next arises.

Wayne