Application Specific Settings not working 100%.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Philtho
New User

Application Specific Settings not working 100%.

Post by Philtho » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:12 am

First off, thanks for writing this program. I'm not quite sure why this isn't standard in every OS out there, but I'm glad someone went through the work of getting this up and going.

Here's my problem. I am running Vista 64. I assigned the middle mouse button to do F10 as default (Which in turn is my hotkey to bring up Yahoo Widgets). I play other games, and in those games I use the middle mouse button to jump. I have set WoW under the "Application Specific Settings" to basically leave the mouse as is. When I launch the game, I can use the mouse to jump fine with the middle mouse button as intended. However, when I alt-tab out of the game, open a web page, read email, and then go back into the game that was minimized, it forgets to ignore the middle mouse. It's like the settings only stick for the initial time it opens, and when you tab out, it forgets about it.

Any ideas?

stubborn
New User

Re: Application Specific Settings not working 100%.

Post by stubborn » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:56 pm

Sorry I cant help u on this, cause I have a similar problem using v. 1.37.0

Only default setting will work. Since i am only using portable browsers i tried operausb 9.6 and firefox 3.3 with winxppro sp2. None of the Application Specific Settings will work, always the default one only.

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Firstly I think these are two different problems.

Regarding Philtho's first post, I cant explain it but your not the first to mention this - esp. with WoW. I wonder if it actually uses a different process name and thus XMBC does not recognise it after the alt-tab switch. To check, run the game, then alt-tab out and open task manager. Have a look to try and work out what exe name WoW is using at the time and if its different from the one in you app specific settings, try adding the different one.

As to Stubborn's problem - what are you using for the process name for the app specific settings. You should point it to an EXE (the path is irrelevant, just the exe name - or the process name you see in task manager. this is currently what XMBC uses to work out if it should apply the specific settings.

The fact that it is portable should make no difference - unless the process name is different.

I guess I will have to add some debug logging to the next version to try and help pin this down - but until then, there is little more I can suggest.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

stubborn
New User

Post by stubborn » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:18 pm

hey phil
thanx for the reply. i am using "operausb.exe" as well as "FirefoxLoader.exe" (special version of portable firefox by cashy)
both programms work excellent. in installed version of ie 7 Application Specific Settings work.
Intel i5 @2.67GHz, 8 Gb RAM Windows 7 Ultimate X64
Language: German (IBM) Germany
Logitec Bluetooth Mouse M555b
Mousedriver: mouclass.sys,mouhid.sys v. 6.1.7600

Sanctusorium
New User

Post by Sanctusorium » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:57 pm

Hey ya,

Again, thanks for the wonderful program. I really appreciate that you made this! :D

I just wanted to pop in and explain that WoW isn't working AT ALL for me in the application specific settings. It works under default, and in the taskmanager it is running was Wow.exe and thats what I have the ap set as, but when I change and apply settings under Wow.exe, it doesn't work. (again, default will though.)

EX: I have default to not intercept anything for right X. In WoW I set it to minimize (to test if this is working or not.) When I try the right X in WoW, it doesn't minimize. x.x;

What DOES work: Set default to minimize. Set Firefox (the only other place I would use those buttons) to do nothing. THAT does work.

Is there anything I am doing wrong or are these bugs? Note I am running Vista Home Premium 32bit.

Thanks so much! :D

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:29 pm

I guess they are bugs. There must be something stopping XMBC recognising that WOW is the active application and therefore selecting its app specific settings properly.

Unfortunately I don't know yet why this is happening. And as I don't have WOW, all I cant think right now is to include some optional debug logging in the next version that might help explain what is going on.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--

Sanctusorium
New User

Post by Sanctusorium » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:18 am

If you'd implament a debugging thing into XMBC, I'd be glad to give you a report. For now I am just going to use a little work around by making default my WoW settings since it will work with default, and make specific bindings for Photoshop, Firefox, Exlporer, etc.

stubborn
New User

Post by stubborn » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:08 pm

sorry for bringing up this thread again but i found my error ( 10 months later :oops: ). i was using the exe name instead of the process name for my application specific settings. with the new version its harder to make this mistake :mrgreen: . so thanks for this great program!
:cheers:
Intel i5 @2.67GHz, 8 Gb RAM Windows 7 Ultimate X64
Language: German (IBM) Germany
Logitec Bluetooth Mouse M555b
Mousedriver: mouclass.sys,mouhid.sys v. 6.1.7600

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:01 am

Im glad the new application browser works and makes it easier for you :)
--[ Phil ]--