Page 1 of 1

A window of the volume status in real time when use XControl

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:58 pm
by eddiepadre
Hello, I am new here. Excellent Mouse Control Program. Only one suggest for the future. When use the mouse volume control, that is may case (Taskbar) i would like that the program exhibits a view control of the volume in real time, like the volumemouse of Nirsoft. Of course XMouseControl is a real complete program for the Mouse. Volumemouse only manages de volume of the sound.

This is my suggest, and please excuse my English. Eddie/ Puerto Rico.

Re: A window of the volume status in real time when use XCon

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:15 pm
by phil
What OS are yo uon? It does this by default in Windows 8 but perhaps not in earlier Windows versions. It is very useful so I can consider doing something for versions of Windows that do not already do this :)

Re: A window of the volume status in real time when use XCon

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:00 pm
by phil
Would you want the volume notification to only show when changing the volume from XMBC or whenever anything else changes the volume too - could probably do both and make it optional but interested to know your thoughts.

Re: A window of the volume status in real time when use XCon

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:25 pm
by phil
Check out 2.11 Beta 3 - I have added an OSD for the volume functions in XMBC for Windows < 8

Thanks,
Phil

Re: A window of the volume status in real time when use XCon

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:30 am
by eddiepadre
phil wrote:Would you want the volume notification to only show when changing the volume from XMBC or whenever anything else changes the volume too - could probably do both and make it optional but interested to know your thoughts.
Hello Phil, thanks for your rapidly answer. In my case I use Windows 7 64 Bit.If you have this in Windows 8...I going to wait when you work in other Windows version. But before I going to try with the beta version that you suggests. I like to see the real position of the volume when use the up and down in the wheel mouse. As you said, to only show when changing the volume from XMBC. This is only one suggest, other issues the program works perfect.

Re: A window of the volume status in real time when use XCon

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:59 am
by phil
OK Well 2.11 beta 3 provides volume notification, by default only when you use the volume methods in XMBC. It can however be enabled to show for any volume change in the general settings page.

Let me know if it works for you - its working quite nicely in Windows 7 for me (and is very useful so thanks for the suggestion - not sure why I hadn't though of doing it before :))

Thanks,
Phil

Re: A window of the volume status in real time when use XCon

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:01 pm
by eddiepadre
phil wrote:OK Well 2.11 beta 3 provides volume notification, by default only when you use the volume methods in XMBC. It can however be enabled to show for any volume change in the general settings page.

Let me know if it works for you - its working quite nicely in Windows 7 for me (and is very useful so thanks for the suggestion - not sure why I hadn't though of doing it before :))

Thanks,
Phil
PHIL, Where I download your 2.11 beta 3, Eddie

Re: A window of the volume status in real time when use XCon

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:33 pm
by phil
There is a link in my earlier post (above) to the beta forum thread... or just go to the beta thread at the top of the XMBC forum!

Re: A window of the volume status in real time when use XCon

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:54 pm
by eddiepadre
phil wrote:OK Well 2.11 beta 3 provides volume notification, by default only when you use the volume methods in XMBC. It can however be enabled to show for any volume change in the general settings page.

Let me know if it works for you - its working quite nicely in Windows 7 for me (and is very useful so thanks for the suggestion - not sure why I hadn't though of doing it before :))

Thanks,
Phil
Hello, Phil, yes the volume notification appears in the Beta 3, but I am a little situation. The notificaction appears in the left corner of the display and I can not move to a desire position, taskbar for example, or other position. Any posibilities in your future proyect to display this notification to move to a user desaire position? All of the things in the Beta 3 works good. Thanks, Eddie

Re: A window of the volume status in real time when use XCon

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:21 pm
by phil
Urm, yes as I said, I styled it on widows 8 which is also fixed but you can interact with that one to drag the volume bar etc.

The easiest option would be to gave a list of position options rather than "anywhere" but no real reason I couldn't do that too - just painful in the xmbc settings window! I'll have a play around and see what I can do when I get a chance.

Re: A window of the volume status in real time when use XCon

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:04 am
by eddiepadre
phil wrote:Urm, yes as I said, I styled it on widows 8 which is also fixed but you can interact with that one to drag the volume bar etc.

The easiest option would be to gave a list of position options rather than "anywhere" but no real reason I couldn't do that too - just painful in the xmbc settings window! I'll have a play around and see what I can do when I get a chance.
Ok,Thanks for all Phil, I wish that all your ideas can accomplish in your future projects