Mouse Wheel Function

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
aschober
New User

Mouse Wheel Function

Post by aschober »

Hi
I have the problem that the mouse wheel scrolls as it should, but the program Volume², which changed over the taskbar my volume on the wheel no longer works. Only when I disable X-Mouse Button, it goes again. Can someone help me or will not do with X-Mouse? Can you possibly fix that please?

Thx

P.S .: This text was translated with Google. For errors I beg your indulgence :lol:

phil
Site Admin

Re: Mouse Wheel Function

Post by phil »

Sorry, I dont know that program, but why cant you achive the same effect with XMBC alone?
Setup a profile for when hovering over the system tray and change the scroll wheel to to media voulume up/down.

Other than that, I cant help!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

aschober
New User

Post by aschober »

Hi phil
Thanks for the reply. I do not know why it does not work with XMBC. I have now followed your tip and now I have the desired function. However, I had to create 9 profiles because the taskbar is divided into different areas (start, tray, clock, etc.), when I search on 'Choose Application / Specific Window'.
Anyway, my problem is solved

Thanks again

Luke7

Post by Luke7 »

Hi Phil
Just to let you know, on Windows 10 Technical Preview X-Mouse won't scroll horizontally with modern apps. As soon as I exit X-mouse, horizontal scroll wheel works fine.
Since the RTM of Win10 is still months away, it may not make much sense for you to look at it right now. Hope you can fix it when Win10 goes final.

Regards
Luke7

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I also noticed this... no idea why yet :( Although similar happened in Windows 8.1 and I had to exclude certain classes I think. Maybe they have changed the class ID's
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)