windows 8, can't use ALT+TAB function

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links or images until they have at least 4 posts.
matrix0807
New User

windows 8, can't use ALT+TAB function

Post by matrix0807 »

program ver: 2.5
mouse: 5 button

i want to use the ALT+TAB feature in xmouse. but nothing happened. i tried simulated keys {ALT}{TAB}, or any combination simulated keys, i cant.
is there any idea how? it's very useful feature for me

before, i'm using windows 7 and it's work (the alt+tab). now in windows 8, it not work (just ALT+TAB)

thx

phil
Site Admin

Re: windows 8, can't use ALT+TAB function

Post by phil »

Unfortunately, Windows has changed.
They have locked down ALT+TAB so it can not be injected unless the program is "trusted" i.e. signed with an expensive certificate and running with a special security token to allow UI access for programs like virtual keyboards.

This is why I haven't yet listed Win8 as fully compatible. I have been trying to get this working in 2.6beta using various methods (except paying lots of money for a certificate) but the whole thing needs a lot more work. I don't think the current beta has any of the changes in it (because the whole launch process has changed).

But hopefully I will get something working in the not too distant future (assuming I get a chance to work on XMBC at all!)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

icegene
New User

Post by icegene »

Hi there!

You can add a holdms to the sim to get the desired effect. :)

I used this on mine. {HOLDMS 2}{Alt}{Tab} and it works.

If anyone has any idea how to make this other sequence of mine work, you would save me a TON of trouble :D

{LMB}{CTRL}C{HOLDMS 2}{ALT}{TAB}{CTRL}V{HOLDMS 2}{ALT}{TAB}{TAB}{CTRL}C{HOLDMS 2}{ALT}{TAB}{CTRL}V

It's supposed to copy the item, switch windows, paste it, switch again, move to the next item, copy it, and paste it in the other window.

I'm using windows 8.1 Pro.
Cheers! :cheers:

phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I think you will find that in 2.5 ALT-TAB will not work, no matter what you do. Because in 2.5 it XMBC was not a signed, accessory tool and ALT+TAB was ignored by the OS.

On 2.6 this is not a problem.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-9600k, Asus Z390-ROG, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, Evo 970 500Gb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)