New Users & Posting Rules

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
phil
Site Admin

New Users & Posting Rules

Postby phil » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:04 am

Posting Rules
  • Post your question ONCE in the correct forum. For XMBC issues, use the XMBC forum!
  • Search the forum before you post. Someone else has probably had the same problem as you!
  • Create a new topic thread in the correct forum for a new problem. It makes it much easier to follow!
  • Respect other users of the forums.
  • For software bugs/problems/issues, provide as much information as possible. For example:
    • A clear description of the problem
    • Portable or Installed (where was it installed)?
    • OS Version and edition (x64, x86 etc.)
    • Version of the software you are running
    • Number of CPU (cores) and CPU model/speed
    • Available/Total memory
    • Mouse hardware/drivers
    • Language and keyboard layout used
    • Debug logs where applicable
  • Please don't expect an immediate reply - while I try my best to reply quickly, all of my software packages are hobby projects. There is only one person behind all of this and occasionally I have other, more important things to do in my life:!:
  • In addition to the above, please understand that making a donation, while very much appreciated, does not push you up the support chain at all. Support is offered as and when I have time, and while I try and get back to people as quickly as I can, I cant make any guarantees. I'm not always sat in front of a computer!
  • I am seeing an increasing amount of irrelevant off-topic spam posts, and also posts simply copying snippets from another users post in the forums (presumably to increase post counts enough to add spam URLS etc.). I try and report these to the various anti-spam systems ASAP so if your initial posts are all completely irrelevant, your account will probably be banned and reported.
New Users
    To attempt to combat spam bots, which have been incredibly active recently, I have set some restrictions for new users.

Initially you will not be able to post images or links (of any type), add a signature etc.
    After several posts, these restrictions will automatically be removed.

Hopefully this will be sufficient and I will not need to manually allow new posts.
    I have also implemented a Q&A verification scheme during registration. If you have problems with the questions, email me!

Thanks for your understanding.
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0!), 3x1TB HDD

Return to “XMouse Button Control”