I've been having some trouble with the forums, posting etc.
I hope it has been fixed but let me know via PM if your still having trouble.

Iconoid x64 conflict with Win 8.1 ??

My port of Iconoid by SillySoft
RpDn
New User

Iconoid x64 conflict with Win 8.1 ??

Postby RpDn » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:36 am

Anyone have a problem with Iconoid x64 and Win 8.1?

I've emailed SillySot ;), but his homepage states no more updates/fixes planned for Iconoid!
I am using SillySot's updated x64 version, but thought I'd ask here in case I get negative response from SillySot.

After I've updated to Windows 8.1, it seems I have to Exit Iconoid anytime I want to perform a secure operation like installing a program (or uninstalling, etc). If I try to install when Iconoid x64 is running, right after I click something to start the install of a program, my screen blinks and dumps me back at the same screen I was in.
(Sometimes, it starts my screensaver... but when I move mouse, I'm dumped back the aformentioned install screen, where I was.)

Any chance of a fix (via SillySot's source code??), if SillySot doesn't respond positively?? :hide: :?: :!: :cry:

phil
Site Admin

Re: Iconoid x64 conflict with Win 8.1 ??

Postby phil » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:15 am

To be honest I don't know. Its been years since I looked at this - so my copy of the code is probably not up to date - are they still making it available?

I don't see why it should be much different on Win 8.1 so I might be able to have a look at it, but no promises. Keep me informed as to what they say - at least I have Win 8.1 to test it on :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9, Logitech MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-6600k, Asus 170-A, 16GB DDR4,
nVidia GeForce GTX 970, 2xEvo 850 (RAID 0), 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)

Return to “Iconoid (x64)”